Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Football Talk

Post Thanks / Like

Default Football Talk

After being on hear just a day I realized that I really enjoy Crappie fishing but I know very little about it to give advice and I don't have many questions yet. So I was going to open up this thread for anyone like me that would like to talk football or any other main sport (ncaa football, ncaa/pro baseball, ncaa basketball, etc.).

I myself am a CLEMSON TIGER born and bred and will always be. I pull for every CLEMSON sport over any team they play and I pull for any former Clemson player in their professional careers like Brian Dawkins. I realize there are some out there that have no clue what or where Clemson is but just trying to strike up some conversation.
    Nothing like a day on the lake fishing for some crappie and drinking some cold ones.
    GO TIGERS!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crapDADDIE View Post
    After being on hear just a day I realized that I really enjoy Crappie fishing but I know very little about it to give advice and I don't have many questions yet. So I was going to open up this thread for anyone like me that would like to talk football or any other main sport (ncaa football, ncaa/pro baseball, ncaa basketball, etc.).

I myself am a CLEMSON TIGER born and bred and will always be. I pull for every CLEMSON sport over any team they play and I pull for any former Clemson player in their professional careers like Brian Dawkins. I realize there are some out there that have no clue what or where Clemson is but just trying to strike up some conversation.
    Ha Ha good idea... I like them Tigers too... but i'm talking them Tigers in the real Death Valley... GEAUX TIGERS baby, #1 recruiting class in the nation and soon to be 4th time Natonal Champs... btw, what was that #1 Safety in the countries name again, who committed to Clemson then decommitted? Where'd he end up? :D
    Fishin' fills the time until College football season

Post Thanks / Like

crapdaddy,don't let him get away with that....:D

Post Thanks / Like

Nothing personal fellows...welcome CrapDADDIE...but I must say the Tigers of Missouri are my favorite big CATS...and I always root for them! mg
    Last edited by Gadget Man; 03-31-2009 at 09:46 PM. Reason: typo
    Gadget Man

Post Thanks / Like

LSUguy, sorry to burst your bubble on the number 1 recruiting class, but that went to Alabama. I like LSU though, I am an SEC fan so I support your team

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappieseeker View Post
    LSUguy, sorry to burst your bubble on the number 1 recruiting class, but that went to Alabama. I like LSU though, I am an SEC fan so I support your team
    Bama got the Rivals #1... and we all know that Rivals is Bama biased since Sabans coming into Tuscaloosa... LSU took the other two polls, and #2 in Rivals by less than a few tenths of a point... so yes LSU got the #1 class. And this season LSU will take Bama down in regulation and won't need a missed FG and a free Pick 6 to seal the game. LOL!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LSUguy View Post
    Ha Ha good idea... I like them Tigers too... but i'm talking them Tigers in the real Death Valley... GEAUX TIGERS baby, #1 recruiting class in the nation and soon to be 4th time Natonal Champs... btw, what was that #1 Safety in the countries name again, who committed to Clemson then decommitted? Where'd he end up? :D
    Actually the top DB signed with Tennessee instead of LSU. Janzen Jackson will look good wearing orange and white.

Post Thanks / Like

Rivals is considered the number 1 recruiting site. They had Bama 1 and LSU 2. They have never been Bama biased. Scouts is considered the second rated recruiting site. They Had Bama 2 and LSU 3 and ESPN had LSU 1 and Bama 2. So Bama gets a 1 and two 2's LSU gets a 1 a 2 and a 3. That means Bama has the slight edge. Now you know we are going to make it 2 in a row over LSU this year. I just hope LSU has the ability to stay in this game this year. They should be okay as long as they dont try a Georgia blackout lol. Should be a good game no doubt. superdave, i worked the last couple years in Tennessee and now that Bama has finally turned the table on them maybe, i no longer work there. I was sure hoping to be able to get even with the trash talk lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappieseeker View Post
    Rivals is considered the number 1 recruiting site. They had Bama 1 and LSU 2. They have never been Bama biased. Scouts is considered the second rated recruiting site. They Had Bama 2 and LSU 3 and ESPN had LSU 1 and Bama 2. So Bama gets a 1 and two 2's LSU gets a 1 a 2 and a 3. That means Bama has the slight edge. Now you know we are going to make it 2 in a row over LSU this year. I just hope LSU has the ability to stay in this game this year. They should be okay as long as they dont try a Georgia blackout lol. Should be a good game no doubt. superdave, i worked the last couple years in Tennessee and now that Bama has finally turned the table on them maybe, i no longer work there. I was sure hoping to be able to get even with the trash talk lol.
    LOL... Keep talking... the ONLY reason Bama didn't go 0-6 against LSU the last 6 years was because of the Lee pick 6. And stay in the game this year? Bama was the #1 team last season when LSU met them in Tiger Stadium and we (with a weak defense and NO QB) took you to OT. LOL!!! But before the Bama nation starts to celebrate you need to start winning your Bowl Games. LOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by superdave1984
    Actually the top DB signed with Tennessee instead of LSU. Janzen Jackson will look good wearing orange and white.
    LOL... I was talking about Loston... the #1 Safety in the country. Hopefully Janzen works out for UT but I think he'll regret not going to LSU like he said he was.

Post Thanks / Like

The year before you one the national title and if not for our quarterback making a silly mistake, good chance we beat you and you dont win the championship and end up the number 1 team. That wasnt much of a bowl game after we lost Andre. His last name wasnt Smith it was giant, because thats what he was to Bama. I cant remember the name of the site i saved this from here while back, but here is a little something about LSU. I think it might have come from bleacherreport.com but cant remember for sure Here goes
    LSU fans sure hate to hear how Les won with Saban's players. Given that the departure of most of Saban's players coincided with LSU having their worst season in many years, another bad season will likely make LSU fans eat their own words. It will also stop their ridiculous claims to Miles being as good as, if not better than, Saban.
    For Miles, back-to-back great recruiting classes means that the fans are ready to see big improvements, both in play and in wins. Another bad season clearly puts Miles on the hot seat, so for him, this year is put up or shut up time.
    Here is a write up about Alabama and it is from bleacherreport for sure. Here goes
    Six Keys For Tide In 2009 Season
    Nick Saban

By Richard Keenam
    BleacherReport.com
    Posted Mar 16, 2009

The Tide’s 2008 season could have been 14-0 had two events not taken place. First, the linebacker needed to have been able to make an easier stop with Florida in the fourth quarter. But with the speed often required of a defensive player in doing their best to keep their opponents from adding to their score, it can result in an unintentional facemask holding penalty.

Second, had Andre Smith first given appropriate thought to what could be the result of his having an inappropriate conversation with an NFL agent, and the above play had been free of a penalty, the Tide would have had a far better chance of playing for the National Championship.

This story originally appeared at BleacherReport.com

In Bama’s only regular season games with Oklahoma, with both being season openers, the Sooners were pre-ranked No. 2 in 2002 and No. 1 in 2003. Bama stayed in both games and only lost these two by a total of 17 points. Had the two above mentioned events not taken place, all anyone can ever do is wonder if the 1-0-1 bowl record with Oklahoma would have been improved or made 1-1-1.

But the Tide has a great history of learning from its past, so what are the primary concerns that Alabama is facing? What issues are the most important to Alabama's success? What matters must the team address, and do their best in handling, if the Tide is going to remain a top SEC team?

1, 2) Few Tide fans would not be in agreement that finding the two men needed to fill the shoes of John Parker Wilson and Glen Coffee are of the top priority. For all who see these two positions as the most important, the only disagreement would be which of the two is the most important. As far as the new quarterback is concerned, no one, at least for now, has this spot in a lock box.

With junior quarterback Greg McElroy's completion of 8-of-11 passes last season, one being his 34-yard pass against Auburn, most think he will be picked for this spot. But redshirt freshman Star Jackson, with the heavy drive every man who ever plays for Bama most always has, is expected to challenge McElroy for the starting position.

Who will start as running back in 2009? Glen Coffee gave Bama 1,383 yards last year, compared to now sophomore Mark Ingram’s record of 728 yards. While Ingram never demonstrated the same kind of open running ability as Coffee did, for a freshman, those 728 yards were still very impressive.

When any player has the opportunity of becoming and staying the first string running back for three years in a row, on a team as storied as Alabama, expect a leap forward from the previous year.

But don’t forget about signee Trent Richardson. With his good-sized thick frame, low center of gravity, and great strength, he can charge between the tackles and turn corners while wearing down a defense before blasting off for the end zone. He knows all too well how playing with a great Bama team will enhance the abilities he wants NFL scouts to see.

The only certainty is that both first string positions mentioned above will be very competitive.

3) Who will replace Smith at left tackle? Smith’s suspension before meeting Utah left the offensive line with only two men playing their normal positions. Guard Mike Johnson played Smith’s spot. But without the time needed for the offensive line to adjust to playing all but two new positions, Utah scored 21 unanswered points.

4) Who can best rebuild the offensive line? With Antoine Caldwell gone and Marlon Davis having graduated, this could result in changing four offensive line positions. We have right tackle Drew Davis, junior college lineman transfer James Carpenter, and former five-star recruit Tyler Love. But Nick Saban said, “The coaches will probably do some experimenting and moving around.” So it will take a while to see who best fits each position.

(5) Who will replace Rashad Johnson at safety? I doubt that anyone on the team is currently able to come up in calling plays as well as Johnson. The safety possibilities are senior Ali Sharrief, Robert Lester, and Mark Barron. But with the return of the storied Alabama tradition, you can count on all three giving it everything possible for this position. (

6) What about the defensive line? Don’t know as much detail about the defense as I‘d like, but there is a good pool of current players and new recruits to pull from. The most positive thing that happened for our #3 nationally ranked defense is All-American and all-SEC Terrence Cody, at 6'5" and 385 pounds, easily the largest player in Tide history.

As far as wide receiver is concerned, this isn’t even a concern. Julio Jones, who, among other honors, was selected as the SEC freshman of the year, will just keep on improving as a wide receiver every year he plays.

This coming season will definitely open with far greater anticipation than we had before 2008. Some games were closer than we would have liked. But after playing in Athens, and our later reaching and staying ranked No. 1, is something Bama hasn’t experienced since 1980.

As much as we’d like it, even Alabama can’t win ‘em all every year. So when a loss does come along, let’s try to break the booing responses, against men who are playing their hearts out for the school and tradition they love, unless you know for sure that booing them will inspire them to play better in the next game.

The Tide has come up with another first: ESPN will be televising a packed house for the A-Day game on April 18th. If there is anyone who still doubts that Alabama has the most fanatical following of any college football team, this is your answer.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast