Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Fishing Berlin and Milton Lakes

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Fishing Berlin and Milton Lakes

I went out to Berlin Lake yesterday nothing, notta, zip. I tried everything minnow, jigs, water depth shallow and deep. I went to at least 6 different locations on the lake. I even fished in cover light and heavy. I dont know what is going on with this lake. The water temp keeps going up and you would think that the fishing would get better but its not seems like its worse right now. Water temp is around 46deg right now. Can anyone tell me what they think about this scenario. This is been going on for a few weeks now. Its not just in Berlin lake.

Post Thanks / Like

So it wasn't just me! As I stated in my post on the Berlin/Milton thread, I went to Berlin (first time there) and caught nothing for 3 hours, then found a few small ones on a Christmas tree bundle... got nothing more than about 9 inches or so. At least I know it's not just me... and that it's not normal for the lake. Maybe I'll go back and try it again sometime.

Post Thanks / Like

Same here, But I am trying not to use minnows. If I had minnows at Clendening yesterday I would have got some. The only fish caught was on a Gulp Alive.
    Tim
    Ohio State Board moderator
    www.easternbuckeyecrappieclub.com
    or [email protected]
    NAFC Life Member

Post Thanks / Like

I can tell you guys how to fix that ...GO TO... no not there, try EAST FORK... lol <*)}}}>< Larry
    J.I.L. <*)}}}><

Post Thanks / Like

well I would love to go to east fork but its way out of the travel distance for one day of fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

Used to live up there; spent alot of time on Berlin; think west end beyone SR14 in the arms this time of year and depending on water temp.

Post Thanks / Like

try fishing extra shallow over water about 3 to 4 foot deep with a jig and cork.In every lake the crappies goes shallow after ice out and put on the feed bag..jigs will out produce minnies till spawn.when i say shallow i mean 8 to 12 inches deep but over 3 to 4 foot of water.good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

they r actually n a little deeper water. well a little over a week ago i caught a ton at about 4 foot deep in about 17 foot of water. just outside a fallen tree. usually start getn them in the shallow water and actually caught alot at walbourne in about 2 to 3 ft. last week so not sure. the ones at walbourne we just outside of deeper water. i think it depends what time u go. from morning till aqfternoon they were deep and started catchn them shallow around 2 or 3p.m.