Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lake Linville

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lake Linville

Has any one ever had any luck catching crappie at Linville?
    Only fishing I have done here is off the bank last sumer bluegill fishing. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hacker View Post
    Has any one ever had any luck catching crappie at Linville?
    Only fishing I have done here is off the bank last sumer bluegill fishing. Thanks.

Are you talking about Lynnville Indiana?
    My YouTube Channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/xibowhunter

chucky is offline Crappie Wall Hanger II * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe he is talking about refro valley in Mt. Vernon, Ky. Used to fish it about 10-12 years ago. Best we did was the other side of the lake where you can't bank fish. Caught some nice 10-14".

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, Ronfro thanks for the info

Post Thanks / Like

Any reports on this Lake would be appreciated. Crappie or Gills.
    Thanks in advance !

Post Thanks / Like

Bump for fishing Information.
    Thanks in advance for any reports !

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Bear ...

Quote Originally Posted by Biggerbear View Post
    Bump for fishing Information.
    Thanks in advance for any reports !
    I've fished it a couple of times, years ago, for Bass. I'm sure it has Crappie in it, also heard it has White Bass, too. Shallow end (ramp area) had too much moss to try fishing around there. Bank along the road in was good for Bass. Never ventured up the other arm ... spent most of my time along the road bank & dam bank, around to the deep rock point (across from in road bank). Didn't seem to have much standing timber cover ... so trolling would be the best option. They used to rent boats at the launch ... but, don't have a clue what they charge, or if they still do (or if they're row boats, or have motors) .... been too many years since I've been there.
    I don't think it gets fished very much. At least, I rarely see any boats on it ... when I'm driving past it, on my way to Tenn :p ... but then, that's usually in the wee hours of the AM, in April & Oct ... so I wouldn't expect many people to be on it, then, anyway ... LOL!! Even when I did fish it, it was late evening into the night ... and I only remember seeing one or two other boats on it, then.

Report back on what you find, & how you do, if you go.

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

I've seen a few boats on it from time to time. I have fished it, didn't do much good, I have a friend that used to camp there & used to catch some nice catfish. Not much help, but better than nothing I guess.
    Jesus Said: Come, follow me & I will make you fishers of men.

Post Thanks / Like

I have fished it about 10 times in the last 2 years for crappie and bluegill. The bluegill are not as big as I like but are probable big enough to keep. What I would call barely keepers. I caught about 30 crappie there one day-8 inchers mainly, occassionally a 9-10. Crappie fished it several other times 5-10 fish each trip and about the same size. Its full of small hybrid stripes from the stocking a few years ago. Caught the crappie in brush piles. Only tried trolling one time and just caught couple but really didn't try that hard. Hope this helps.

Sam

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the Information. I my get over to fish it soon. I moved to London, KY a couple years ago and since the Lake was next to HWY 75 didn't think there would be any fish. My problem is I procrastinate about where to fish more than actually fishing. LOL
    Thanks again !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast