Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LOZ this week

Post Thanks / Like

Default LOZ this week

I am at the Lake with the family this week for Spring Break. Trying to spend some family time and sneak in some fishing whenever I can. Trying some new stuff and practicing some stuff I don't do very often. Here is the report as best I can remember after one red bull and vodka and 4 glasses of wine, which I don't drink , but my wife does.

Got here Friday late. Didn't fish. Unloaded new patio furniture. Drank several red bull and vodkas.

Saturday-- think the weather was bad. Can't really remember if I fished or not. (How is that for a report?)

Sunday-- took my secretary's husband and brother-in-law out between 9 and noon. Picked them up on the water near the Glaize so just went there, even though I haven't fished there in several weeks. They had never vertical jigged over brush with long poles. We really did pretty good. Put about 25 to 30 in the boat and caught about as many shorts. They had a blast. Me too. Love to see folks excited about catching crappie.

Monday-- weather was crappy so I bought a new truck.

Tuesday-- weather crappy until about 3 pm. Went out and tried trolling some crankbaits. No fish. Then caught a nice limit in 3 ft. deep in 6 ft. of water under a slip bobber. Orange head and solid white jig. Had 6 over a pound. 4 of them came out of one dock on 4 consecutive casts. Big fat blacks.

Today-- went out early. The rain yesterday has colored up the water a bit with lots of trash floating. Water temp. dropped from 56 yesterday afternoon to 46 this morning. Tried spider rigging some long coves for about an hour. Not a bite. Went back to the slip bobber. Slow. Caught a few, then switched to minnows (which I had for the spider rigging) under the slip bobber and they started biting. Had another limit by 11 am. 5 were over a pound and the rest were very average.

Going to Stockton tomorrow with a friend for walleye, even though I hear the walleye bite is slow.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Very nice

That sounds like an awesome time.

Spring Break
    Family time
    New Truck
    Time on the water
    Lots of Slabs

Your a lucky man for sure.

Congrats on the fish.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, rather to skid in sideways, body used up and totally worn out screaming 'WOO~HOO what a ride!'

Post Thanks / Like

Mike A friend of mine was a stockton the other day & they caught there limit if walleye on jerk baits on points biggest was 4 1/2. Not sure on location. Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Good job Mr. Baker - and good luck on the eyes.
    Mark

Pitching jigs, catching slabs, life is good

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a good week overall Mike. Lets see that new truck!

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like your enjoying your time off. Good luck at Stockton.

Post Thanks / Like

outstanding sir glad yall had a good vacation.

Post Thanks / Like

Stay after them Mike.:D:D

Post Thanks / Like

sounded like still was a great time,,however seemed to me there may have been a pattern on Saturday in Miller county with some memory distortion,,but i guess we could chalk it up to practice for camp,,,what u think
    IT'S 5--O-CLOCK SOMEWHERE,,,MIKE-p

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Seems like you always manage to get into 'em. Good job.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast