Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Big zero, goose egg, nada... at Patoka today

Post Thanks / Like

Default Big zero, goose egg, nada... at Patoka today

Anybody out there fish Walls ramp area at Patoka today? I was there poking around this afternoon. It was Monroe all over again. I caught lots of crappie...but no size. Saturday must have been "The" day, as I talked with one fellow who was pitching jigs to the timber. He was having the same luck as me today, but he said he caught some 14 inchers in the same area we were fishing last Saturday and said lots of folks were catching them then. I tried shoreline, bays, small creek channels, timber, river timber... all with same result. Was casting jigs, and ponies, and vertical jigging next to timber.

Patoka 1, HHD 0
    GnawMart Tenderloin Sandwich Prostaff, Gnawbone Indiana

Post Thanks / Like

I fished Walls Saturday and caught more than enough dinks, but kept 18 over 10", one that was 16". Must have been "just right" Saturday. I noticed you fish Hardy, and I am heading up there tomorrow till Sunday, and would appreciate any help since I have never fished Hardy. Not asking for any "honey holes", just some ideas as to where to start! Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

You win some you lose some otherwise your not a fisherman ... at least you got out, and that's all that matters. For me it's work, work, work, fish.... but I guess I can't complain in this economy.
    Ask me about: Bobby Garland, CrappiePro, Yeti Coolers, Power-Pole, and Simms Products!

Post Thanks / Like

HT... I love the challenge of trying to figure the fish out... it would be boring if you caught them all the time:rolleyes: One man's desert, is another man's oasis I supose.

Post Thanks / Like

Smoke, sent you a PM on some places to start looking.