Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well it want be long now

Post Thanks / Like

Default Well it want be long now

Everyone and I said EVERYONE, Knows! It want be six months till this will be a really dead forum. "BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING" this book was wrote how many years ago. My Grandmother talked about it after she got done reading it. Here we are???????????????????
    Alan
    ------------------
    Tight Lines to all
    Roll Tide Roll

Ranger690 is offline Crappie.com Legend and 2021 Crappie.com Man of the Year
    Post Thanks / Like

The Government doesn't want us talking about crappie in a family freindly way? Holy Cow!

Dayton

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger690 View Post
    The Government doesn't want us talking about crappie in a family freindly way? Holy Cow!

Dayton
    Yea that's about all you can talk about now You should read the book!
    Alan
    ------------------
    Tight Lines to all
    Roll Tide Roll

Post Thanks / Like

I go to out to social gatherings, pubs, coffee shops, parties, etc. and very rarely have I encountered a situation where starkly differing ideologies can't be openly discussed in a civil manner. There is something about the interwebs that sucks the TACT right out of everyone -- myself included. Friendships can transcend minor differences, after all, we are all humans... well, aside from our Republican and Democrat Reptilian Overlords. :D

Sharing ideas and engaging in a bit of good natured banter online is cool, but sharing face to face is even better, and often results in something far more profound/consequential.

So, remember, a renaissance of tact would go a long way toward alleviating many of our social ills be it in the digital world or the real world.

(Yeah yeah I know, I'm just a newb trying to increase my post count lol... at least that demeaning minnow tag is gone)
    Last edited by georgem; 03-23-2009 at 11:43 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Should this area of Crappie.com be renamed, "The Politically Correct" forum?
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry

Post Thanks / Like

Default yeah

Quote Originally Posted by georgem View Post
    I go to out to social gatherings, pubs, coffee shops, parties, etc. and very rarely have I encountered a situation where starkly differing ideologies can't be openly discussed in a civil manner. There is something about the interwebs that sucks the TACT right out of everyone -- myself included. Friendships can transcend minor differences, after all, we are all humans... well, aside from our Republican and Democrat Reptilian Overlords. :D

Sharing ideas and engaging in a bit of good natured banter online is cool, but sharing face to face is even better, and often results in something far more profound/consequential.

So, remember, a renaissance of tact would go a long way toward alleviating many of our social ills be it in the digital world or the real world.

(Yeah yeah I know, I'm just a newb trying to increase my post count lol... at least that demeaning minnow tag is gone)
    No one has to look you in the eye and dictate the BS that is preached on the web - when face to face most folks are not nearly as pasionate with their subject matter
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

It should be renamed "Slab's House".

If he doesn't want the dogs in here hiking on the furniture, he has every right to break out the newspaper (or shock collar as the case may be).

For those that think free speech reigns supreme in a private setting, how many of you let the door to door religious groups that go out witnessing into your home every weekend? They have the right to enter and say whatever they want in your home to a captive audience, right?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Quackrstackr View Post

If he doesn't want the dogs in here hiking on the furniture, he has every right to break out the newspaper (or shock collar as the case may be).

For those that think free speech reigns supreme in a private setting, how many of you let the door to door religious groups that go out witnessing into your home every weekend? They have the right to enter and say whatever they want in your home to a captive audience, right?

Excellent analogy. This is Slab's house. He owns it. He pays for it. His rules, don't like it? Tough.
    incognito....... here fishy fishy fishy

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Quackrstackr View Post

Bad analogy, being invited in is quite different.

Post Thanks / Like

If someone wants to be able to talk about subjects with no rules (or with whatever rules they deem appropriate), they can start their own website forum and say whatever they want to say. Ain't a sole stopping them from doing that.

If you don't like the rules here, start your own website with your own rules. If you're gonna freeload off of Slab, at least have the decency to follow his rules.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast