Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: table rock floatilla

Post Thanks / Like

Default table rock floatilla

must have been 50 maby more boats up flat creek,james river. went to dotys bluff just up from bridge port, got set up to do some crappie fishing(famous last words) droped the first jig pink/green green nibble 12ft and 56dg water. lookin good, got out my new 7ft ozark rod,and new pfluger reel, dropped jig over the side black/chartruse,silver sparkel nibble, put the rod in the rod holder. now to catch some fish,

. ok hear goes, with in 5minutes the new rod and reel flip out of the holder and into 35ft. of water bam gone in a flash(not as pretty a flash as LOZ water is clearer up there) DAMN says I, I just bought that rig 103.00 over the side. dad gum it, oh well just another beagle day, get out the brand new outlaw rod and new pfluger reel. get it all rigged up set it in the rod holder. YOU AINT GONNA BELEVE THIS bam over the side gone is a flash gone just woosh gone, 44dolllar rod 59dollar reel gone times two in less than 10 minutes, just woosh gone no Idea what the heck just gone, man wish I would have stayed in Jail when I was younger least I wouldn have all this bad luck, the haunting question you ask did you catch any fish, ha ha funny. real funny. NO I DIDNT tiny bubbles in the water make me sad

Post Thanks / Like

Why would you put a rod in a holder that just lost a rod?

Post Thanks / Like

I almost hate to ask but is this user error, a faulty holder, or just dumb luck?

Maybe start a "Beagle Get Well Fund"....or stack the odds at camp & you can recoup some gear?

Sorry to hear it, man....

Oh...P.S. My Father In Law has dropped a couple rods in that lake as well! Not inside ten minutes, but two within a few days of each other!! I swear, that rod EATS poles! That deep of water, you ain't gettin' 'em back, neither! (I tried!) Oh, and for what it's worth, his were both user error! Actually, he has a faulty wrist. We threatened to buy him a set of handcuffs, but were afraid he'd go in with it!!
    Last edited by Joedog; 03-20-2009 at 03:40 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Are you kidding? That is some rotten luck - sorry for your bad day.
    Mark

Pitching jigs, catching slabs, life is good

Post Thanks / Like

Man Beagle. I don't even know what to say about that day.

At least they were new set ups and you were not really attached to them yet. :o
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, rather to skid in sideways, body used up and totally worn out screaming 'WOO~HOO what a ride!'

Post Thanks / Like

wow beagle that is some tough luck, never lost one out of a rod holder yet but i have kicked one over the side.

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Dang Beagle. What a run of luck you're having. I'd love to see the crappies that took them. Oh well, IT WILL GET BETTER

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Micheal,
    You had a really bad day, just remember my turkey barns, Life is not always fun, but tomorrow will be better.
    Later,

I'm up for breakfast?
    Last edited by ship; 03-20-2009 at 05:03 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I find MORE great gear scuba diving down there!!! :D
    Teach your kids to hunt and fish and you won't have to hunt for your kids !!

Post Thanks / Like

not sure if crown would help this deal,,did the rod holder survive????
    IT'S 5--O-CLOCK SOMEWHERE,,,MIKE-p

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast