Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Help !! Planning a trip to KY Lake

Post Thanks / Like

Default Help !! Planning a trip to KY Lake

Guys,

If you could fish any weekend in April on KY Lake what weekend would you fish. I oly have one weekend of vacation to use. Please help.

Thanks

Ed

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Ed, buddy ....

Quote Originally Posted by edwalden444 View Post
    Guys,

If you could fish any weekend in April on KY Lake what weekend would you fish. I oly have one weekend of vacation to use. Please help.

Thanks

Ed
    Where the Crappie have you been :p

I'd say that it would depend on where on Ky Lake that you intended to fish. But, overall it's pretty much a crapshoot, since the weather dictates what the fish will be doing, wherever they are. I always opted to start my week on the 3rd weekend of April, back when I used to go there ... but, I was mainly fishing the dam ends of either lake, and concentrating on shallow wood & buck brush for White Crappie. With the increase in population % density of Black Crappie, it might not matter which weekend you choose, as the spawns of both species can run back to back or concurrent ... given proper water temps, weather, and water levels.

Hopefully, some of the more recently experienced members will offer their thoughts, as well.

... luck2ya ... cp

Post Thanks / Like

ed,
    Right now, the blacks are heading to the bank. I've been catching them in 4 and 5 foot of water. Like Pappy said, the weather and lake level will determine what happens from here. Just come on down and lay in there no matter what. You can't catch them sittin' on the couch.
    The only way to have a good fishing spot is to make it yourself!

Post Thanks / Like

Weather looks to turn for the worse after this coming week. Snow is mentioned in the forecast for the 29th I have reservations the 28th through 2nd, so I'll be there, but I'm bummed about the weather turning.

Post Thanks / Like

When they can reliably tell me what it is going to be doing 24 hours from now, I will think about believing what they put up as a forecast 10 days in advance.

Post Thanks / Like

I think any time is good if you get a chance to fish Ky Lake.
    Like everyone says can't predict the weather.
    Take you kids fishing today!!! They will be grown (and married and have children of their on) tomorrow. Then you can take your GRANDKIDS!
    Podunkideas Pro Staff
    Cornfield Crappie Gear Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

The fish are hiting good right now. If I only had 1 week to fish I'd fish on the 1st week
    Before they go messing with the water level & the crowd show up. The spawn will for the most part be over by week 3

Post Thanks / Like

fishing is as good as it gets right now. if it stays warm it'll be over before you know it

Post Thanks / Like

Better get here quick. Kept 20 in 5' this morning.
    Take you kids fishing today!!! They will be grown (and married and have children of their on) tomorrow. Then you can take your GRANDKIDS!
    Podunkideas Pro Staff
    Cornfield Crappie Gear Pro Staff