Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Logan Martin Friday

Post Thanks / Like

Default Logan Martin Friday

Lets help each other out a little. Im going fishing on Loagan Martin today and it will be the first time since the water is up. Dont give away your spots but maybe we can help each other locate the crappie by sharing the depth and kind of structure u find them on. Also your presentation. I will do the same as soon as i get back. Have a feeling the water being this high this early will have many scracthing there heads wondering why their spot isnt working.

Post Thanks / Like

i went yesterday and their was a lot of floatind debris on most of the lake
    but about 10 o"clock i found some fairly clear water that had just a small
    amount of debris and we caught several males and females in 4 foot of
    water most were 1 1/2 pounds fish.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Nothing

No fish friday nothing. Nada. Tried everything. Every depth. Didnt see anyone catching them. Hate the water being so high. Until they leave the water alone at Logan Martin u guys can have it in the month of March . They say this is the last year the core of engineers has the athority to raise the water so soon. Until next year good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

I hear ya. I took my 11yr old son and fished Wednesday 6am-1:00, got one fish. Fished Thursday 7am-Noon, no fish and Friday 7-1pm no fish.

I talked to others at the ramp that were pulling out, they were frustrated too. Fished Rabbit Branch.

Post Thanks / Like

The earlier high water is actually good. It should mean a better spawn and great future fishing. We crappie fishermen just have to adjust a little. The old March spot may not work, because its 5 feet deeper. The crappie have adjusted, we need to too.

Post Thanks / Like

i'm going to logan martin tuesday will let you know how i do wednesday
    hopefully it will be as good as last week.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Logan Martin Saturday

Went saturday and put in at General Lee. Fished from noon til 5pm. Didn't see a crappie. Water temp was 61. My son and I fished around boat houses and tree tops, bridge pillings with 1/32 white hair jigs with pink heads and 1/32 chartreus hair jigs. Maybe we should have used minnows. Talked to some bank fishermen they had caught a few in about 2 ft water on minnows and floats. They where fishing not far from Town and Country on the west side of 231. I have not been fishing for crappie on Logan Martin in about 20 years boy the shoreline has changed. I don't have a clue where to start. Any help or suggestions would be truly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Posman

Post Thanks / Like

I went out today and caught a bunch. They were not in shallow, spawning type cover, but out in feeder creek channels. Surface water temps were in the low 60's, but that is not high enough to make them twitterpate (See the movie Bambi). Fish the upper half of feeder creeks.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info. Anything will help.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Posman View Post
    Thanks for the info. Anything will help.
    went yesterday and caught 10 and the wind started blowing and didn't let
    up all day the fish have moved back into staging area's.