Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: patoka 3/18 info

Post Thanks / Like

Default patoka 3/18 info

got this crappie report from J & R Guide service ...thought you patoka die hards would be interested:

HHD

"Patoka Crappie are Biting
    3/18/2009 12:00:00 AM
    Patoka Crappie are feeding up getting ready for the spawn in a few weeks . We caught 100 + Crappie of all sizes up to 13" today and four Stripers 13" - 14" . 25 Crappie were keep for super and the rest were released . Water temp. ranged from 53 - 56 degrees . Fish were caught in 3 - 5 feet of water on Southern Pro Jigs and Hot Grubs ."
    GnawMart Tenderloin Sandwich Prostaff, Gnawbone Indiana

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the info. I am going to try to hit patoka in a few weeks when i get back from florida
    Blakemore/Roadrunner pro staff
    Southern Pro Tackle/ Pro Staff
    Driftmaster Rodholders
    Ranger Boats

Post Thanks / Like

Yep the report was on Wednesday. I went out on Wed. couldn't keep em off the hook never saw fish bite better. The front came through early Thursday morning went out Thursday nite just to see how much the front affected the bite. I didn't have a bite. On the bright side in a day or two the bite will pick up again.

I look for Patoka to have a good year. The high water last year made fishing difficult saving a lot of slabs from the knife. Those slabs are now one year bigger.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm heading to Patoka in the morning, so hopefully this report will still hold true on Saturday! Maybe I'll have some pictures to post after the trip!