Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Computer Question

Post Thanks / Like

Default Computer Question

The last couple days when I log on to my computer, this little box stating: (This page has an unspecified potential security risk would you like to continue? And then it says Yes or No ) And I've been marking no and then it would go on straight to my log in and everythings fine.

Now that everyones talking about this Malware Warning and stuff its got me scared. And to say the least I don't no much about computers. What would you suggest to get rid of this message.

I have AT&T Anti Virus, AT&T Firewall, AT&T Spyware, and I run the checkup on them a while ago and they didn't fine anything. So I wonder whats the problem. Any Suggestions?

Kevin

Post Thanks / Like

Default Computer Problem!

Can You give us a bit more information, how about what type of computer you are running and what opperating System are you running, what were you doing just before this started, did you down load anything and the very first thing you need to do is BackUp your hard drive so that you have something to fall back on in case you do come up with a virus !!
    Wish you a good day to spend fishing.
    Rusty
    P.S. this may be a problem that has comeup due to something your internet provider has added or taken away from thier website so get in touch with thier support tech.
    Last edited by ReelFunGuy; 03-15-2009 at 02:59 PM.
    When you are DOWN to nothing.... God is UP to something! Faith sees the invisible, believes the incredible and receives the impossible! FREEDOM IS NOT FREE, YOU HAVE TO WORK FOR IT !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Comp Info

I have a Gateway: w/ Microsoft Windows XP Homes Edition Version 5.1
    With AT&T as my internet provider and I us there security protection. I'm high speed DSL.

As far as what I was doing prior to this happening I had just read C.Com and then google to lures companys. And then when I came back about 2 hours later it was there when I turned the computer back on. And now everytime I turn it on it reappears. Then when I say no to it. It goes away and it seems ok.

I did back up my hard drive just incase. I didn't download anything that day I had a week or so before. That was the Humminbird Update. I hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like

Download Malwarebytes and run it on your computer. It's free.

Malwarebytes.org

Post Thanks / Like

It sounds like Internet Explorer 7, Look on the internet for your problem along with the browser you're using. I would have said Vista but you have XP.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks all for your help. I've tried some of these and so far so good. Its gone for now.

Kevin