9 33.33%
  • April 4th

3 11.11%
  • April 18th

8 29.63%
  • April 25th

7 25.93%

Thread: Green River Lake Get Together - date poll

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Green River Lake Get Together - date poll

Green River Lake has been chosen as the 1st KY Crappie.com Get Together lake.

Now we need to confirm a date ... so vote for one of the listed days in the poll.

We also need to consider whether or not we want this first one to just be a meet/greet/fish/compare notes deal ... or if we want to have a cookout along with it. So, before you make a decision about having a cookout ... understand that it will take away from your fishing time, we would need volunteers to bring the necessary items (for fish cleaning, cooking, eating, etc) and that our participation numbers would need to be large enough to warrant the event (weather permitting & site availability).

I will post a seperate poll for a vote on cookout vs meet/greet.

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

I voted the 25th because of youth turkey season on the 4th and state turkey season on the 18th.

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Oh, and just in case ya'll are wondering why....

I left out April 11th ... it's just because it's Easter Weekend. It has nothing to do with my already planned annual Spring trip to Watts Bar :p

.... cp

Post Thanks / Like

I voted for the 18th. I'm going to be fishing for the big ones down at Weiss on the 28th and be back late that week. I'm sure almost everyone has something going on for most of the dates. Its almost impossible to have a group agree on one time.
    Last edited by Newlight2; 03-15-2009 at 12:22 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Close running

I voted for the 28th of March, just my pick, can't wait to get together and have a good time.

Post Thanks / Like

Default March 28th

I voted for the March 28th because I think the earlier we met, the more time we will have time to fish other places and have more get togethers during the prime crappie season. Also the earlier we can gather knowledge about different lakes from each other the more success we may have throughout the year.

Post Thanks / Like

I voted for the 28th because I hope to get down to Ky lake again in April if the weather looks right. It really doesn't matter to me on the date though. It will be nice to meet everyone and maybe have a small fish fry/cookout.

Take care,
    Greenfish

Post Thanks / Like

I voted for Apr 4, but I am fine with any of the April dates. I agree that it's hard to find a date when everyone can come, but we gotta start somewhere. Maybe we start small this year, get a little more advanced warning on the next one, and sooner or later people will be saying, "Can't do ____ that weekend, I'm going to the KY Crappie meet-up."

Having a cookout or something sounds fun, we'll probably camp either Fri or Sat night depending on the start and end times.

Thanks to CP and the others for getting it going!

Post Thanks / Like

I voted April 4, but actually, Im good with any of them! Sounds good!
    "You ain't holdin' your mouth right! Did ya spit on your hook?"
    Grandpa