Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Trailer setup photos

Post Thanks / Like

Default Trailer setup photos

Anyone have photos of how their trailer is set up for their flatbottoms? Used the boa last year, but it ain't gonna make it to the lake without some trailer attention.

Been off my feet, literally, since a foot surgery in January. Wanted to get the old Lowe remodeled this winter with some of the great ideas here, but April's just around the corner. Afraid she's gonna have to wait.

Thanks for any thoughts, I'll be sure to post photos when I get to the boat work.

Post Thanks / Like

Freshen this up and present it differently.

THe trailer I have has center rollers and then 2 short bunks that, when the boat is off it. flap in the breeze. What I'd like to do is to do is away with the rollers and just go with longer bunks that span the 2 cross members of the frame.

The box that is formed by the frame is fairly short, this is a 14' boat. I thought I'd go with longer bunks, and pull the winch post back a foot, maybe two. If I don't pull it back, there's a lot of unsupported boat ahead of the bunks. If I do pull back a bit I think I can offset the new bunks enough so that it will support most of the boat. But more of theboat itself will be off the back of the frame.

What I'd really like to see is some of your set-ups if anyone has any photos they might post. Thanks again.

Post Thanks / Like

2 - 4 foot bunks and 1 front roller under the keel in front is all I have under 14 ft alumacraft 1470.

I replaced carpet covered bunks with rollers. I have a tilt trailer and when the back of the boat just touches the water I push up on the bow and the boat just rolls right off. With the carpet I had to back into the water with my car tires and push and push to get the boat off. This is a rivet boat and the carpet was tough on the rivets. The rollers are so much easier for me.