Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Brookville

Post Thanks / Like

Default Brookville

Anyone doing any good at Brookville, thinking about giving it a try Sunday and any suggestions would be appreciated.
    It's hard to soar like an eagle when you are surrounded by a bunch of turkeys.:D

Post Thanks / Like

fish standing or lay-down timber for crappies, back in the coves. Before the front moved through, was catching nice crappies in 1-3 FOW. Fishing jigs or minnows, both work purty well. By sunday, id guess they'll be back on the banks again, but start your search out in 20Fow, and work your way in. 200+ fish days are easily possible.
    Check out the Fish OH forum, read about it there.
    Caught a few good bass as well while working a jig, a larger tube bait might find you some nice ones right now.
    No idea on walleyes yet, havent heard of any being caught yet, but im sure there are a few being hooked.

HB

Post Thanks / Like

HB...good to hear you are still into them...sounds like you stayed with them from ice fishing on. I have never been to brookville. I am going to have to check that one out one of these days down the road. It's a pretty good drive for me. Are these mostly black crappie or what? What size are they running for you? Keep the reports coming.
    GnawMart Tenderloin Sandwich Prostaff, Gnawbone Indiana

Post Thanks / Like

good numbers of both whites and blacks, generally speaking i catch mostly whites, but i have caught probably 50 blacks this year.
    Average size im guessing would be 8-9. The last time i went out, i only threw 2 back due to size(creel limits saved the rest). The largest i have this year would probably be 11 or so, no giants yet.
    Brookville is a great crappie lake, last year was a boom year, and it looks like this year is gonna be too.

HB

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the tips, going out tomorrow a.m. (Sunday) Probably will start out in Templeton or Wolf Creek, hope to see you all there.
    It's hard to soar like an eagle when you are surrounded by a bunch of turkeys.:D