Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Eagle Has Landed!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default The Eagle Has Landed!!!

Well since Monty is usually on here in the morning posting up pictures and he's not around this morning I thought I would throw one up here.

I go to Canada fishing every year and this is one of my favorite pictures. The Eagles up there just follow us all over the lake waiting for us to feed them. They watch you from the tree tops. If you whistle at them they will come flying right at you. Toss your junk fish in the water and they will pick them up everytime. They are an amazing creature and the size of them up close is just unreal.

That's the back of my noggin in the picture and you can see how close they will get to you.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, rather to skid in sideways, body used up and totally worn out screaming 'WOO~HOO what a ride!'

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

One heck of a picture Chris. Starting to see more and more eagles on Truman the last few years.

Post Thanks / Like

Eagles are one of my favorite creatures to see in the wild. Got this shot last June in far northern Minnesota along the Canada border. We headquarter on Crane Lake and fish all over this beautiful flowage area. This bird perched high above us in Grassy Bay on Sand Point Lake.

This eagle didn't seem bothered by us at all and allowed me to move the boat pretty close with the electric motor. Fortunately, I had my big telephoto lens in the boat that day.

Frank

Post Thanks / Like

that is a really neat picture, thank's for sharing!
    why do today what you can put off til tomorrow, go fishing instead!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Great pics, guys. I moved down here from Rock Island, IL 10 years ago. RI is one of the "Quad Cities", RI and Moline, IL and Davenport and Bettendorf, IA. In early Spring just after iceout, the Quad Cities is the home of the largest congregation of bald eagles in the world. There were times when there would be hundreds of them in the trees lining the Rock River. It was and still is a magnificent sight!

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

The bird just makes you feel proud...thanks for sharing..

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome pics fells they truely are a majestic creature.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Here's the pair that home up by the power lines above Bucksaw. Not a very good picture.

Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Default Another One

Here another one that I really like I took. He/She is getting ready to take some dinner back to the young ones. :D
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, rather to skid in sideways, body used up and totally worn out screaming 'WOO~HOO what a ride!'

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hey I Think One Of Them Grabbed My Wig

Had To Have Been On Of Them Eagles, Think He Used It In His Nest, No Wonder I Am Cold All The Time, Bald Eagle And Bald Monty.....awesome Pictures, Used To Be A Lot Of Them Down At Mcguiness Bend Lots Of Nest There Too, Didn't See Any Today....
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast