Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stockton Lake Walleye

Post Thanks / Like

Default Stockton Lake Walleye

Anyone out there know how to fish Stockton for walleye this time of year. I have to work down that way next week and will have the evenings off, so I figured I would pull my boat and do some fishing. I have always wanted to try it and am very much a novice!

Post Thanks / Like

Look at Home - Ozark Anglers -- Covering All the Ozarks' Best Waters there is good fishing report on Stockton by Thompson Guide service. Go to forms and down to ozark lakes to Stockton.

Post Thanks / Like

ok hear goes I dont do this verry often but today is a good day

go up by the dam, Orleans trails camp ground south of there is eagle island on the west side of the island is some old foundations, houses barns, chicken coops, cat house or two, any way the old road runs west then north up to the old rock fence the old rock fence is out east of and a little north of the ramp. work road runnners,plastic worm, shad rap or rooster tail work slow arround the old fence line and the old bed. not to far out from the bank, use the depth finder and stay close to the rock you find on the depth finder, work slow, bounce the road runner up and down off the bottom, or slow out from the bank, now if slow is not what they want speed up your retreve a little, night crawlers are a good bait also worked slow dragging on the bottom, drop shot rig helps here, if you dont find them there I got more it is just real hard to get it out of me, good luck

Post Thanks / Like

ok hear goes I dont do this verry often but today is a good day

go up by the dam, Orleans trails camp ground south of there is eagle island on the west side of the island is some old foundations, houses barns, chicken coops, cat house or two, any way the old road runs west then north up to the old rock fence the old rock fence is out east of and a little north of the ramp. work road runnners,plastic worm, shad rap or rooster tail work slow arround the old fence line and the old bed. not to far out from the bank, use the depth finder and stay close to the rock you find on the depth finder, work slow, bounce the road runner up and down off the bottom, or slow out from the bank, now if slow is not what they want speed up your retreve a little, night crawlers are a good bait also worked slow dragging on the bottom, drop shot rig helps here, if you dont find them there I got more it is just real hard to get it out of me, good luck

Post Thanks / Like

beagle Man is right, Orlean Trail is a good spot. If you don't want to go up that far you can put in at Rourke Bluff. As you come out of the cove turn left and head up Sons Creek arm. You will go under a power line that crosses the lake and start looking for a cove on your left with an old covered boat dock i it. The next cove past that on your left you should start throwing 1/8 ounch jigs. The lake stair steps out from the bank in about 10 foot drops. You will see it on your fish finder. The second step where it drops from 10 to about 20 feet we have caught some dandy walleyes.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks guys, I hear they have moved to the dam, does that make any sense? I very much a novice at this, but figured while I'm there I would give it a try.

I will try that place also if I can find it!

Post Thanks / Like

I had never been walleye fishing and have been promising myself I would go for the last 2 years. Well, yesterday I finally did it. I hired JR Oldham to guide me on Stockton. Was to meet him at 11:00 a.m. He said the best fishing time is the last couple of hours before dark and just after dark but to come on down and we will do some crappie fishing or bass fishing before the walleye turn on. He said any walleye we catch early in the day would be a bonus.

Well, it was Friday the 13th. I left Lake Ozark feeling great and very excited about a day of walleye fishing. About half way to Stockton it starts to feel like someone stabbed me in the gut with a knife. I get to the ramp, get out of the truck, break out into a cold sweat and throw up. Felt a little better after that so off we go.

Right off the bat we start catching walleye. We caught 7 walleye and several nice bass on jerkbaits between about 10:30 and 3:30. Had 2 walleye about 4.5lbs and the other 5 were very nice as well.

Unfortunately I couldn't get that knife out of my gut and at 3:30 I couldn't stand it any more and had to head home. Missed the best part of the day but had a great time. JR called me later and said the evening bite was a little slower than usual but he caught 4 more after I left. I can't wait to go back some time when I don't have this knife in my gut.

JR definitely knows how to catch walleye on Stockton. He is a super nice guy and fun to fish with. I highly recommend him for a guide trip. His business is Anglers Midwest. Home # 417-276-3683. Cell # 417-276-1943.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Fun day Mike! Hope you get to feeling better.

Post Thanks / Like

Get to feeling better Mike.........i'll be ready just say when.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Mr. Baker first of all hope your feeling better! Just curious, the two walleye were 4.5# a peice or together? either way I'd be happy. I've heard from several people that Mr. Oldham is the man for Walleye on Stockton. One Friend of mine has him booked in July. Another Friend of mine that is a friend of Mr. Oldham said he and his clients Killed the walleye last year after the thermocline developed, Limited out pretty much everyday for a couple of months.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast