Today was windy with gusts up to 20mph and out of the SW all day long. It was cloudy to the north and partly cloudy in Evansville Today.
Even when towing a Min_Kota drift sock behind my boat I was moving too fast. I found a cove that was protected from the wind and fished the leeward side of the cove. Water temp was 83.6 deg F on the Surface and probably around 19 deg C at 25ft or 66 deg F at 25ft. I fished at 25 to 22 ft deep using jigs today. Once I found the strucuture (Brush Pile) in the deep water I started catching crappie. I caugth 5 White Crappie before I called it quits due to a coming frontal storm front. I only got to fish for about 15 minutes but the fish were there. Another guy who launched today also fished this spot and he reported that he caugth 4 or 5 crappie before he left. He returned after I left the spot to give it another go. He was near the bank and was casting jigs out into the deeper water and reeling back in slowly. I fished vertially and hovered over the brush pile with my jig pole.

If you fish Blue Grass Pit and find submerged timber or wood you will catch some crappie. Same with Otter Pit in this area. Find structure on the drop offs and the crappie will be there year round.

Indiana DNR said that we need to take some of the crappie out of these pits to balance the population.