Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Heated Fishing docks at Lake of the Ozarks

Post Thanks / Like

Default Heated Fishing docks at Lake of the Ozarks

I am new to the forum - hope women are allowed! My husband and I love to Crappie fish as often as we can. We live in St. Louis and both have a disease called fishing fever we need to cure! For us, April is a much better month than March for catching crappie but since we need a cure for the fever, we were thinking of staying at a resort at Lake of the Ozarks next weekend with a heated fishing dock. Wanted the "experts" opinion if it is worth the drive and expense. Thanks!!

If any of you ever go to Crab Orchard in IL - my husband frequents the lake in April and will be glad to provide any information needed!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Welcome From Truman Lake

Glad To Have You, I Put That Question Back About 6 Weeks Ago When I Was Suffering Like You And Didn't Find Out Too Many Places With Heated Docks....... This Ain't The Old Days....... I Live On Truman And Don't Know That Much About The New Lake Of The Ozarks.....
    Last edited by olesilverside; 08-06-2010 at 12:27 PM.
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

Default Neither do I

I'm sorry but I can't tell you anything about LOZ either but wanted to welcome you to the board.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, rather to skid in sideways, body used up and totally worn out screaming 'WOO~HOO what a ride!'

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the board.

The Flame resort on the Niangua used to have a heated fishing dock.

Possibly Alhonna on Horseshoe Bend has a heated dock.

Not positive about either one...good luck.
    Gadget Man

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome CrappieMrs. Mrs JJ here - good to see another woman on the site. I occasionally post under my hubbys name Just Jiggin or as we are called on here The JJ's.

Can't help with the heated dock question. Honestly we seldom fish LOZ, but there are several here who do and hopefully they can give some suggestions.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome, CrappieMrs...Although I can't help with heated docks, I hope you find them...or the weather warms enough for you guys to scratch the itch!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappiemrs View Post
    I am new to the forum - hope women are allowed! My husband and I love to Crappie fish as often as we can. We live in St. Louis and both have a disease called fishing fever we need to cure! For us, April is a much better month than March for catching crappie but since we need a cure for the fever, we were thinking of staying at a resort at Lake of the Ozarks next weekend with a heated fishing dock. Wanted the "experts" opinion if it is worth the drive and expense. Thanks!!

If any of you ever go to Crab Orchard in IL - my husband frequents the lake in April and will be glad to provide any information needed!
    you dont need heated fishing docks down at LOZ.....in fact i dont even know if there is any.

Its all open water, water temp is pushing 50 degrees, lake is low.

Here is my 2 cents.....GO to LOZ, put boat in water, find the oldest crappiest dock in the deepest water......cast, reel, enjoy!

they are there, and from all accounts they are in 5 to 15 feet of water.

Good Luck!

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry can't help with your question but wanted to welcome you to CDC.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from Springfield!
    I just KNOW it was a big one!!!
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Try Alhonna Resort.
    Mike

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast