Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Only lake in Ohio

Post Thanks / Like

Default Only lake in Ohio

To the rest of the world it must seem like EF is the only lake in Ohio because thats where all the activity is coming from on this site.

Let's here from the rest of the state this year. Lot's of other good lakes here.
    What about getting some reports from places like Delaware, Ceasars Creek, St Mary's, Indian, Paint Creek, Dillon, Salt Fork.....ect.

Some of these threads have 50 replys and over a 1000 views. This is the year we get the Ohio Board going. We've seen a few new names lately and I'm sure it's been because from all the activity from the EF folks.

Let's hear from you guys.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey crappiemax,

Good idea! I have noticed that as well. Well, I fish Caesars Creek quite a bit come spring time. There are so many places to fish over there that sometimes it seems impossible to find good quality crappie. However, I have caught good sized and good numbers of crappie out of there. It takes a while for the water to warm up, but once it does, it can be fast and furious for a couple of weeks. In the summer, it seems that nighttime is the best to catch nice sized papermouths!

Anyone have any information on Cowan? I had my best 2 days ever there about 6 or 7 years ago. Non-stop slabs close to the bank. However, havent had the best luck there since!

Harrison

Post Thanks / Like

I'm planning on fishing St. Marys on Saturday, will give a report for anyone up a little more north.

Post Thanks / Like

it's not that east fork is the only good lake in ohio (top 3)...it's the only lake were most of the fisherman are full of it...(hoopleheads) It is the only lake were the fishermen invite competition to man up...they will tell you were and how the fish were caught...
    Last edited by Yates; 03-04-2009 at 05:33 PM.
    J.I.L. <*)}}}><

Post Thanks / Like

I usually chase musky all over the place but this year I plan on getting back into catching fish. I live 15 minutes from Buckeye lake was there today only to investigate. They keep that lake low till mid april but I have a 14 foot boat that i am sure i can get on the lake with soon as all the ice is gone. It is a relatively shallow lake with a very dark bottom so it warms quicker then most in this area. I will post I do on the OGF site, you get what you put into it. I know one thing a hundo goes a lot farther on crappe jigs and floats then it does on Musky lures. i will see if i can figure out how to post some pics of Buckeye i took today I already have them downloaded to my P.C. and a thread on OGF

Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully heres a pic I already had uploaded to photo bucket ok I got it got to go put some chops on the grill

Post Thanks / Like

There will be quite a few reports for CC this year. We typically fish there 2-3 a week through the summer and fall. There are some truely giant crappies in CC, but then again, there are giant fish of just about every kind there.

HB

Post Thanks / Like

Well if we can get rid of the ice we have in the Lima area, maybe i can give a report on a couple of the good lakes we have around here. C'MON SPRING

Post Thanks / Like

I like CC we have had some very good bags there...I was coming up this week is there to much ICE...
    J.I.L. <*)}}}><

Post Thanks / Like

I use to fish hoover and alum alot but since I moved to cincinnati have been back up there. Lots of crappie in hoover and the best part is no pleasure boaters only a 9.9 hp limit.

Bubba
    "Take Life one fish at a time"

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast