Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trolling Battery Question

Post Thanks / Like

Default Trolling Battery Question

Well I took out my bad trolling motor battery and bought a replacement same size everstart dc27.

I got it home and went to hook it up when i noticed that the other trolling motor battery is a everstart dc 29 MAXX.

Will this differnece in size affect the battery life.

I cant take the 27 back they already put in the warrnaty and cut the sticker

The 29 is a few years old I'm thinking about running it like this for this year then replacing them both with new 29 MAXX batts. and keeping the 27 dc for backup
    Last edited by MellerAM; 03-04-2009 at 09:20 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I dont know if the size will make a difference, but if those are from walmart KEEP THE RECIEPT. They will replace them when they go bad. I havent had too good of an experience with that battery brand for longevity. It has been nice that they will replace them. Ive been told that most batteries from walmart and O'reilly are refurbished. I assumed that has had something to do with it.

Post Thanks / Like

yea i knew that they would replace them thats why i bought it ...and it was $ 30 cheaper.

Post Thanks / Like

Default I Would Go All New

It Is Your Boat And Your Money, But I Always Replace My Trolling Batteries In Two's And I Use The Wally World 27 's And Usually Get At Least 4 Years Out Of A Pair, I Think You Are Asking For Trouble Going With One Old And One New, But What Do I Know I Am Just The 800# Gorilla In The Room....... I Also Use The Everstart For My Starting Battery And Usually Get 5 Years Out Of It.......spend That Money..........$$$$$$$$$$$
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

silverside do you use the yellow everstart marine maxx or the black everstart marine ??? The boat came with a nice big Delco crankign battery i'm good there

Post Thanks / Like

Default Black Ones

I Always Buy The Black Ones, Just Bought Two About 2 Weeks Ago $135 For 2 And A Week Later Bought The Cranking One $61..... I Am Go To Go For A Few Years......

Post Thanks / Like

i think i'll stick with the older 29 maxx and the new 27

if it goes bad then i'll get it replaced for free and then buy another 27 to go with it then I'll have 2 new ones.

I just bought the boat, then title and licence, then battery and other stuff....

I need to stop spending $$ for a little while or i'll get cut off...and not just money!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Get Old And Forget

What Until You Are Older And You Will Forget That Other Stuff....

Post Thanks / Like

MellerAM,

I agree with OSS here but understand your situation. It is the old saying it will only be as good as the weakest link so if the old one is weak it will bring down the new one. Maybe you could wait a few weeks and buy another new one. Whatever you do use the on board charger after each use. If I am not using my boat it is plugged in and my last set of batteries lasted 7 years.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ditto

Charge Mine Back Up As Soon As I Get Back In And Keep A Trickle On Them.......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast