Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lay Lake this weekend?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lay Lake this weekend?

Planning on heading to Lay Friday, Saturday. What do you guys think will they still be at 6-10 foot and keep trolling? Or do you think we should grab some minnows and corks and try shallow water? It was 56' Sunday afternoon and I hope it gets to the 58-60 range with the warm up coming through Saturday. We probably wont get out there till 8:30 in the morning if my father is going-so keep that in mind. The ole man just cant get up like he could before. GP

Post Thanks / Like

I will be out Friday afternoon and Saturday morning. I have not been on the water since before the snow storm. Wat area are ya'll going to be in?

Phil

Post Thanks / Like

good luck
    The fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad

Post Thanks / Like

Default Location

It is looking more like putting in at Beeswaxs more so then Bozo's? Phil how about yourself?

Post Thanks / Like

I will be putting in at either Shraders on hwy 311, the public on hwy 400, or all the way down at Waxahatchee Chat and Chew. I usually put in at Beeswax if going alone.

Are you trolling the ledge or gonna try shallow?

Phil

Post Thanks / Like

the fishing was not good today. I only caught 2 and my buddy caught 2 also. None of the other folks fishing where we were did any better.

Phil

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bass only couldn't get a crappie to bite last friday-sat

Disappointed I thought I saw a few Christmas trees of fish on the fishfinder at 15-20 feet so I kept slow trolling and just never even got a hit. Dad and I were demoralized on crappie so we brought out the bass rods and did ok.

GP

Post Thanks / Like

Default Where we went

I left this out but we put in off 47 and went back to right towards waxahachie. Mainly fished in the openings of the creeks and like I said most fish at 15-20 foot hard and heavy over tree stumps. Got any suggestions other then wait until the dogwoods bloom?