Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What would you do???

Post Thanks / Like

Default What would you do???

Since we all are inside wishing for warm weather, lake water to warm and clear up and crappie to start biting, where would you go and what would you do to have the best chance to catch a two pound plus crappie between now and say June 1st Please respond to the following,

Lake (in North Carolina)
    Bait - jigs, minnows or whatever.
    Method - trolling, casting, drifting etc.
    Area of lake - shoreline, brush, drops, deepwater??
    Other factors to consider in having the best chance of catching a 2# plus crappie.

Let's hear what you think

Post Thanks / Like

I am shorebound but this time of year I think can be tricky. The crappie around this area have got to be as confused as I am with all these fronts and weather swings I dont think they have made up their minds what to do. But that being said i think I would be finding some deep water channel that is close to some nice looking flats or backs of creeks that look spawny and see if there are fish staging. If so fish there. I think you could do this trolling while catching some fish or just sit on the fish when you find them. I would throw or drop a jig tipped with live bate to them and if they wouldnt take that I would try just live bait on a red hook. With any real warming trend I would check some of the shallow water areas that get a lot of sun to see if they moved in. I think you gotta move this time of year till you get on em. I feel like you got as good a chance catching the big ones deep right now as anywhere.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry,not in N.C.try High Rock same way at mouth of Second Creek

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry Polarcrafter, but I'm not wishing for warm weather and water. It has a tendancy to bring everybody out that has a boat that don't run to clog the ramps. They are also the same ones that butt in on your fishing hole once they get their boat running and cast across your lines then get offended when you say something to them. Thank goodness it only last about 6-8 weeks.
    Give a man a fish, feed him for a day.
    Teach a man to fish, he'll sit in a boat and drink beer all day.

Post Thanks / Like

Back to the original post.
    High Rock Lake casting jigs to deep water brush.

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=ncnat;717297]Sorry Polarcrafter, but I'm not wishing for warm weather and water. It has a tendancy to bring everybody out that has a boat that don't run to clog the ramps. They are also the same ones that butt in on your fishing hole once they get their boat running and cast across your lines then get offended when you say something to them. Thank goodness it only last about 6-8 weeks.[/QUOTE

Are you supposed to get offended by that? That is the way that cbnc does me all the time---he throws across my lines and one time went across all ten lines while i was trolling and caught them all on his trolling motor and then he got offended because i got offended. Imagine that!:D:D:D I just dont know how to act in lala land i guess.
    Get the net!

Post Thanks / Like

This being said, Polarcrafter, the best way to catch that 2lb slab is to run NC Nat off his spot.
    I wasn't born here, but I got here as fast as I could

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crataegus View Post
    This being said, Polarcrafter, the best way to catch that 2lb slab is to run NC Nat off his spot.
    A man that knows.:D:D:D

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Knappy;718399]
    Quote Originally Posted by ncnat View Post
    Sorry Polarcrafter, but I'm not wishing for warm weather and water. It has a tendancy to bring everybody out that has a boat that don't run to clog the ramps. They are also the same ones that butt in on your fishing hole once they get their boat running and cast across your lines then get offended when you say something to them. Thank goodness it only last about 6-8 weeks.[/QUOTE

Are you supposed to get offended by that? That is the way that cbnc does me all the time---he throws across my lines and one time went across all ten lines while i was trolling and caught them all on his trolling motor and then he got offended because i got offended. Imagine that!:D:D:D I just dont know how to act in lala land i guess.
    Like nat said, we are out there year around fishing and here comes these 6 to 8 weekers looking to catch fish and dont know what to do! That was the case when you got in my way knappy, sorry you told it the wrong way, that is why I am here, to tell the real story. Boy I was killing them that day, and some one could not stand it so they run right in front of me to see what was there.
    It is something to see these people show up only in the spring and then they are gone! Then you see them out somewhere and they sure talk the talk! I saw one like that, today. I know a few more........... Young and fishless.:D

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Countryboy N.C.;718659]
    Quote Originally Posted by Knappy View Post

Like nat said, we are out there year around fishing and here comes these 6 to 8 weekers looking to catch fish and dont know what to do! That was the case when you got in my way knappy, sorry you told it the wrong way, that is why I am here, to tell the real story. Boy I was killing them that day, and some one could not stand it so they run right in front of me to see what was there.
    It is something to see these people show up only in the spring and then they are gone! Then you see them out somewhere and they sure talk the talk! I saw one like that, today. I know a few more........... Young and fishless.:D

everybody is in your way---you have never been in anybodys way have you:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    Get the net!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast