Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Oologah

Post Thanks / Like

Default Oologah

Well, I have made two more trips and still not caught a keeper. I did however find a mess of drum, sand bass, channel cats and Mississippi Whites. One 7" Crappie out of that spot. I guess the process of elimination is in effect. The water level is close to normal finally. Only about 2' high now. I have a spot picked out for the next overnite trip. Am thinking of taking the submersible light and see what shakes. I might have to break down and go the Flat Rock Creek on Gibson and fish the old brush where they took the docks out a couple of years ago.
    Good luck all.
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry

Post Thanks / Like

Reaper save your gas Ft Gibson is about 6 feet high right now and the fishing isnt very good I fished near all day Sat and could only muster up 10 nice fish the biggest being about 1-1/2 lbs where do you live are you in Claremore or Tulsa Big George

Post Thanks / Like

I live just South of the town of Oologah. I am about three miles from west of the dam. 10 fish? Right now if I could catch 10 keepers, it would be a major success of a trip. I have considered Skiatook for some night fishing, but, I think it would be in my favor to keep pushing around the house. I know Oologah is holding them somewhere. Things might end up best if I could just find the time to make and drop my own shelters. The standing timber is only good for a couple of small crappie. I have located many deep cuts and dropoffs that will make good shelter locations. I have tried so many different areas that the graph shows as brushy, holding fish. I know they are out there, and probably not in the mood to move too much. I have seen crappie bite in one area only all too many times. Who knows, some of the places I have tried could have hit big if I had set my bait another foot to the right.
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry