Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: went fishing

crappiejerker Guest

Smile went fishing

I went fishing sunday and did pretty good . I brought in 35 sacalait from
    6:30 - 10:00 am. I caught them on shiners , and they were holding in 11 feet of water. I was fishing bayou boutte near morgan city LA . Hope this is helpful.
    By the way this is the first time I find them in months .Hope to talk soon with ya'll.
    Last edited by crappiejerker; 08-24-2004 at 10:30 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Went fishing....

Quote Originally Posted by crappiejerker
    6:30 - 10:00 am. I caught them on shiners , and they were holding in 11 feet of water. I was fishing bayou boutte near morgan city LA . Hope this is helpful.
    By the way this is the first time I find them in months .Hope to talk soon with ya'll.
    Hey, crappiejerker.......Welcome to crappie.com and the LA board, and thanks for the post. Looks like you had a good day last Sunday, we're not having many days that good in N. LA, but we're hoping cool weather will show us some better fishing. You're in a good area to get fishing reports, we have several members close to you. Glad to have you on board, and good luck....

Post Thanks / Like

Way to go! And thanks for the post. 35 keepers ain't bad.
    I can't leave now; They fixen to turn on.

Post Thanks / Like

Man that is a good stringer me and my brother Deacon went there about 2 weeks ago
    right after the front and didn"t fair as well. Are you fishing structure in the middle or just fishing the drop offs.
    GOT BITE? -----~<*)###>{

crappiejerker Guest

I was fishing the drop off in bayou boutte. I was about 50 feet off the bank.
    Hope this helps . I'm going back this weekend , I'll let ya'll know how I do .

Post Thanks / Like

I was fishing the drop off in bayou boutte. I was about 50 feet off the bank.
    Hope this helps . I'm going back this weekend , I'll let ya'll know how I do .
    It helps alot you did eveything but put them in the boat for me thanks , yea!
    let us know how you do. I don't know if I'll be able to go or not this sunday.
    GOT BITE? -----~<*)###>{

Post Thanks / Like

Default Yellow Bayou Pond Report

Quote Originally Posted by sacalait steve
    It helps alot you did eveything but put them in the boat for me thanks , yea!
    let us know how you do. I don't know if I'll be able to go or not this sunday.
    Sacalait steve,
    I talked to the guy that told us about the Yellow Bayou pit. When you pull over go to the right (which would be going back toward Bayou Benoit) There should be a large cypress tree stump about 1 to 1 1/2 feet under the water. You want to fish around that. He told me that in some spots his 20' anchor rope would not reach the bottom (NOW THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT) and that you can use a trolling motor but not a gas engine. I'm glad I got that little 12 footer. He has not gone recently but when the bite was on they used black and green jigs.
    I will be there Saturday morning. Man you going to have to slap this smile off my face. I'm going to be useless at work all day tomorrow.
    Will post the results Sunday.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Deacon
    Sacalait steve,
    I talked to the guy that told us about the Yellow Bayou pit. When you pull over go to the right (which would be going back toward Bayou Benoit) There should be a large cypress tree stump about 1 to 1 1/2 feet under the water. You want to fish around that. He told me that in some spots his 20' anchor rope would not reach the bottom (NOW THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT) and that you can use a trolling motor but not a gas engine. I'm glad I got that little 12 footer. He has not gone recently but when the bite was on they used black and green jigs.
    I will be there Saturday morning. Man you going to have to slap this smile off my face. I'm going to be useless at work all day tomorrow.
    Will post the results Sunday.
    Well if you do good then I may borrow your boat for sunday if you can't come
    with me. If you are going sunday and no one to go with let me know.
    GOT BITE? -----~<*)###>{

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sacalait steve
    Well if you do good then I may borrow your boat for sunday if you can't come
    with me. If you are going sunday and no one to go with let me know.
    You are always welcome to the boat. I cannot go Sunday. I am scheduled for Mass at 10:00 am.
    I'll call you Saturday night to let you know how I did. (Which really don't mean nothin) They could still be biting but not on MY line.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks ,I went by the wildlife and fisheries today and picked up a copy of the permit you need. I'm still not sure if I'm going or not I have a wedding to
    go to sat. nite so instead of calling I won't be there so leave a post on this
    site to let me know if you caught.
    GOT BITE? -----~<*)###>{