Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Boat Frozen To The Trailer

Post Thanks / Like

Default Boat Frozen To The Trailer

Ever Have This Happen To You, It Has Happened Twice This Winter, Pull Boat Home In Cold Weather And Then It Stays Cold Go Again And Still Frozen,,,,, Um First Time Was About A Month Ago At Sparrowfoot Finally Pull Trailer Back And Forth In Water Enough Boat Popped Loose. Yesterday Morning Trailer Floated With Boat Now That Was Fun...... Took A Little While To Let Water Soak In Then It Popped Loose, Still A Lot Of Fun When You Got Fishing On Your Mind And Not Ice..... With The Luck We Had Yesterday Boat Might As Well Of Stayed On The Trailer At Home........
    Last edited by olesilverside; 08-06-2010 at 12:27 PM.
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

Silver.....Next time drink lots of COFFEE before you get to the RAMP!! hehe(or maybe i should say pe pe)
    I just KNOW it was a big one!!!
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Default Coffee And Boat Ramp

Did Almost Just What You Said About 3 Weeks Ago, Took Brother In Laws Charger And Put In At Truman State Park, Colder Than He** And His Steering Was Frozen..... Poured My Thermos Of Coffee On Steering Mech.... Still Didn't Work, I Told Him It Wouldn't Have Matter If It Did, We Without Coffee Would Have Been A Super Bad Day For Him, So We Come Home And Have Now Installed New Cables......
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have been when it is cold. But can not say I ever had a trailer stick like that. I bet it is a site to see.

Post Thanks / Like

I had this happen once and then I figured out one of the back tie downs was still attached.:D

Post Thanks / Like

I've had that happen lots of times duck hunting, not so many times fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

boat iced on trailor is no problem......metal boat,light a fire in it.....plastic boat,use dynamite......just kidding......

Post Thanks / Like

Had the same problem chasing walleye in the U P of Michigan. One trick that helped was to spray the bunk carpet with silicone spray so the water would run off and the boat didn't stick to the carpet. When doing this don't loosen your strap till you get to the waters edge or you can launch the boat a little short of the water on some of these steep ramps around here.