Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: National health care question.

Post Thanks / Like

Default National health care question.

The conservative talk shows are going nuts discussing this issue which has me a bit confused. The way I understand it is that 15% of the population is uninsured and it is that part of the population that national health care will be for. I remember Obama saying that if you currently had health care coverage that nothing would change.

Are people worried that if health care is given to the 15% that don't have it that companies will stop carrying health coverage for their employees forcing them to use the government's coverage? Or is it that the 85% that do have coverage feel that they as tax payers should not have to foot the bill?

2010 NWR Bash Crappie Division Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TapOut64 View Post
    I remember Obama saying that if you currently had health care coverage that nothing would change.

Remember that everything Obama says has an expiration date on it.

Are people worried that if health care is given to the 15% that don't have it that companies will stop carrying health coverage for their employees forcing them to use the government's coverage? Or is it that the 85% that do have coverage feel that they as tax payers should not have to foot the bill?

I'm worried because the government can screw up a cup of coffee. Imagine what they can do to the finest health care system in the world! The thought of a bunch of lawyers and bureaucrats telling doctors how to practice medicine sends chills down my spine.

The fact that there are uninsured people in the country is a problem, but putting the government in charge of health care is not the solution.

Post Thanks / Like

The conservative talk shows are going nuts discussing this issue which has me a bit confused. The way I understand it is that 15% of the population is uninsured and it is that part of the population that national health care will be for. I remember Obama saying that if you currently had health care coverage that nothing would change.

Once the Govt gets thier foot in the door in the health care industry, they will not stop at just 15% they will force the other companies out of business. Then we will all be at the mercy of the Govt. for health care. I have read a little of this stuff and its pretty scary, to think about the Govt being the only health care provider. They speak of having a Govt officiall deciding who will and will not get the services they need. They refer to these patients as "MEANINGFUL USERS"

I can only think of going into a place that is operated like the revenue service to get my health care. I just imagine what this goverment official ( a laywer I am sure) would be like determining who will be determing "meaningful user" this term is not defined in the health care bill.
    Last edited by riceman; 02-20-2009 at 06:51 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by riceman View Post
    I can only think of going into a place that is operated like the revenue service ...

... or the Department of Motor Vehicles.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by riceman View Post
    I can only think of going into a place that is operated like the revenue service to get my health care.
    just ask any canadian and they'll tell you
    raising your voice, the next best thing to being right

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sharpshooter223 View Post
    You are right there!
    Take your kids hunting and fishing, and you won't be hunting your kids

Post Thanks / Like

They do this in Russia, China, and every other red nation in the world. Has not worked in any of them so why would they think it will here? They don't, they want the other end of the spectrum, total power for them!
    Brian

Will fish for food!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sharpshooter223 View Post

Exactly:

YouTube - Krugman gets p3wned on Canadian Health Care

Post Thanks / Like

The problem will come from the government deciding who gets treatment and how much. An elderly person who needs cancer treatment may not get it because the life expectancy is not long whereas a 25 year old would get treatment. There will be less spending on research, experimental drugs etc. It will go from doing what is medically necessary to doing what is cost effective. Can you imaging having to wait while your doctor gets authorization from some government committee?

Post Thanks / Like

My Aunt lived in Canada with her husband and saw firsthand what National Health coverage was all about. Not all it's cracked up to be. I don't want to see Govt involved but I'd like to see the cost's brought down.

I work for the Gov't and my last plan cost me $479 every two weeks!!! That did not include copays, hospital stays etc.

Fatman

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast