Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: April on Weiss

Post Thanks / Like

Default April on Weiss

My son just got laid off and we thought we might come down to Weiss in late March or early April and fish for 3 days or so. We probably will tent camp. Any recommendations for a campground close to the lake. Which time would be better normally.

Thanks and God Bless

Etowah, Tn. foothills to the Smokey Mountains
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Going down Sunday-

Fishing with Terry Monday. I will ask him and get back to you Oldwun.

Etowah, Tn. foothills to the Smokey Mountains
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Oldwun one other thing-

Just wanted to let you know I haven't forgot you on coming down to Chickmauga. Wife has had some health issues and i was kind of waiting for things to heat up a little. Me and Sailfish are going to sink some Christmas trees next week weather permitting and if temps warm up after the 1st I'll holler. all the good areas open down river of 58 hwy March 1st so it opens up a lot more places to fish. Tenncrappie

Post Thanks / Like

Big oaks phone# (256) 526-8723 or JR,S marina (256) 779-6461. both places have ramps. if you need more info give me a P.M.

Post Thanks / Like

We went last year the first week of April and the fish were starting to spawn. Caught them in 3 feet or less in creeks and on main channel in 15 feet of water. It all depends on the weather and the water temp. Should be a good time to go either time.

Post Thanks / Like

if you go to leesburg turn by citgo on stlake side st. go to end at boat ramp to the right thair is some good sites call virgil duke 256 557 5092 very clean and nice

Post Thanks / Like

Hi yall,maybe someone can help me out.First time to weiss and I can"t get there any sooner than the third week of April. what phase will the spawn be in.Where should I look for fish,banks ,cove mouths ,channels,and what style of fishing troll,spider rig,cork and minner.I really would appriciate all you help and suggestions.Thanks Speck Spit.

Post Thanks / Like

also try shooting docks with a 1/32 oz jig