Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Progress on robot

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Progress on robot

I don't stay on c.com all day....:p

Got the initial software program complete.

Got components mounted. Wiring in process. Bout 90 % complete. Have to rest between shakes. Hard for an old man to see and do anything.:o The wire is 30 gauge, bout the size of a 1 amp fuse wire.

For those interested..

Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

I did a little (very little) wiring like that while I was in college. I took two or three classes on electronics. I used to be able to "read" the colored rings on resistors like you're using. I'd have to use a chart now to know what ohm they are. Very tedious work. Impressive.
    J

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AgriHawg View Post
    I did a little (very little) wiring like that while I was in college. I took two or three classes on electronics. I used to be able to "read" the colored rings on resistors like you're using. I'd have to use a chart now to know what ohm they are. Very tedious work. Impressive.
    Didn't they teach you how to remember the code? Thats one of the few things I can remember. You know, the one about bad boys?
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a beam bender (mechanical engineer) so the work you are doing is beyond me.

I wish I understood ICs and FPGAs better but I have people for that.
    Keith
    2008 NWR Bash Crappie Champion
    2010 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion
    2010 Buggs Bash Smallest Crappie Award

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IBNFSHN View Post
    Didn't they teach you how to remember the code? Thats one of the few things I can remember. You know, the one about bad boys?

I know the color code even without the saying, but I can't see the danged stripes without tilting and turning the board for 5 minutes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CatFan View Post
    I know the color code even without the saying, but I can't see the danged stripes without tilting and turning the board for 5 minutes.
    That is why I keep my meter close by...:o

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PanMan_VA View Post
    I'm a beam bender (mechanical engineer) so the work you are doing is beyond me.

I wish I understood ICs and FPGAs better but I have people for that.
    All I know about metal structure is if you bend it just right, you can hang a motor on it and run up and down the river.

Post Thanks / Like

Can't say that I remember any saying about bad boys. I don't think they taught us that. Course I was being taught by THE guy that invented the machine that grades apples based on their color. One of those geniuses that wasn't the best of teachers. He wasn't bad actually, and he really tried hard....sometimes it just didn't get across real well.

And if you don't use that stuff at all for 7 or so years, you tend to forget all about it. I don't think it would take me long to refresh.....just don't have a reason too.

I have a degree in Biological & Agricultural Engineering, and was about 6 hours away from a masters degree in Mechanical Engineering. I left the program to be a TEACHER? I don't regret the change one minute either......we'll maybe a little when I'm jonesing for a pool table, flat screen tv, or more fishing stuff.
    J

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AgriHawg View Post
    Can't say that I remember any saying about bad boys. I don't think they taught us that. Course I was being taught by THE guy that invented the machine that grades apples based on their color. One of those geniuses that wasn't the best of teachers. He wasn't bad actually, and he really tried hard....sometimes it just didn't get across real well.

And if you don't use that stuff at all for 7 or so years, you tend to forget all about it. I don't think it would take me long to refresh.....just don't have a reason too.

I have a degree in Biological & Agricultural Engineering, and was about 6 hours away from a masters degree in Mechanical Engineering. I left the program to be a TEACHER? I don't regret the change one minute either......we'll maybe a little when I'm jonesing for a pool table, flat screen tv, or more fishing stuff.
    :p:p