Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Place to Stay Ky Lake

Post Thanks / Like

Default Place to Stay Ky Lake

Looking for a clean yet affordable place to stay on the lake Don't really need a kitchen just a place to sleep. Any ideas are appreciated

Indian Rocks Beach, Florida, United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up The Fishtale Lodge

Big Willie, One place I would look at is The FishTale Lodge in Paris, Tn. Stayed there many times. Location is great for the fishermen's needs, gas, bait, food, etc. 1-713-642-7113. The owner's are really down to earth. Sharon and David, give them a call you will not be dissappointed.
    Cleland Outdoors Guide Service
    Lake Shelbyville/ Lake Mattoon/IL
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    217-278-9789 or 217-412-5941

Post Thanks / Like

I personally like the state parks. I fish Blood River a lot so I stall at Ken Lake State Park. Lake Barkley State Park is also nice and has a pool. Up at the north end KY Dam Village is good also but charging a boat there is hard to do unless you stay in a cabin. The other two places have plenty of electrical outlets and they seem to keep an eye out for wondering eyes because I have never had an issue at either place.
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 02-18-2009 at 07:51 AM.
    "You should have been here yesterday!!!

Jigboy

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lodging

If you are fishing the north part of the Lake, Moors has a deal where you pay the for three (3) nights and get the fourth one free. I have stayed there lots of times, Moors Resort and Marina on Kentucky Lake . Also on the north end of the Lake is a small place named Belair, It is off the water but it is very clean, has electric hookup for your boat batteries, and is on Hwy. 641 about a 1/2 mile from the Kentucky Dam Marina. In the last few years I stayed there several times and rooms were about $45.00 or $50.00 a night .Very nice people run this place.Their phone # is 270-362-4254.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Belair

I agree the Belair is a great place to stay. Won't meet any nicer folks. Not too far from boat ramp either. We usually stay at Big Bear Resort when we go in the fall. But at any other time of the year we stay at the Belair. In the fall Big Bear runs some pretty good specials. Otherwise they are a little pricey for me. But they are right at some good fishing. I have never stayed at the Moors but have ate there many times. They have a good restaurant for lunch.
    Good luck and make sure to lets us know when the fish fry will be.:D

PS if you have never been to Ky. Lake might want to think about a guide. I catch plenty of fish there without one now, but my first trip I hired one and he was so much fun I hire him for one day every year now. We have been going down there for 6 years now. Its not that we need him he is just a good guy and fun to fish with. And it gives me a day of not having to worry about running the motor, cleaning fish, buying bait, ect ect ect. Just fishing.
    Crappie spawning and morels popping up at the same time. What was God thinking when he made that schedule. It's pure torture every spring deciding which to do.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Guide's Name

OK, what is the good guide's name and telephone number?

It would help us who are helpless!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pepper
    Jeremiah 29:11

God says he has plans for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotpepper View Post
    OK, what is the good guide's name and telephone number?

It would help us who are helpless!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pepper
    I use Rodney Hairgrove. His #270 559 2420. Tell him Steve Dehart recomended him.

He gets really booked up so DO NOT hesitate to call him. I know of people that book him for a week at a time.
    Last edited by crappie&shrooms; 02-18-2009 at 12:20 PM.
    Crappie spawning and morels popping up at the same time. What was God thinking when he made that schedule. It's pure torture every spring deciding which to do.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Big Willie

Where are you at in So. IL. I was born and raised down in the Anna, Cobden Carbondale area. Been up in No IL now for 30 years. I Still miss it down there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast