Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Bank fishing ?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bank fishing ?

Since I don't have a boat I've been fishing the banks. I have caught a few crappie where there is riff-raff (rocks) but never catch several in one area. Do they run in schools are there just singles feeding. I release the fish because I never catch enough for a meal. Is this the way it normally is or do I need to try something different. Last year with the high water I think the crappie were chasing me. This year with the lake 6.5 ' down I'm chasing them, with poor results. Being a Rookie last year I thought crappie fishing was easy but there putting the hurt on me this year.

Post Thanks / Like

With The Lake Being Down 6.5feet The Spots That Were 25ft Are Now 19 So They Move Out To More Comfortable Depth. All You Need To Do Is Pray For Some Rain Or Get A Boat. Or Fish Some Bride Pilings That Are Deep.

Post Thanks / Like

That's why they call it fishing instead of catching. The crappie gave me a pretty good spankin' yesterday on the lake so we bank fished below the dam this afternoon. we probably caught close to 70 or 80 but they were all dinks. Kept about 15 or 20 of the larger ones to have a meal.
    My son did catch a large carp on 1/32 oz. jig and 4 lb line. He got it to the bank about 3 different times before he could grab it. Took pic and released it. Watched a deer swim the river. That was pretty cool.

CATCH A BIG-UN

Post Thanks / Like

Try going out at night. Get some of the little light sticks that slide on your bobber and a head lamp and your good to go. If the water is that low, I would guess that it is clearer than norm and you may be spookin them. I have two small lakes I do better at night than during the day... both are very clear and that's my reasoning for why in my head. Good Luck!