Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SoCal Crappie fisherman

Post Thanks / Like

Default SoCal Crappie fisherman

Hi I'm new here on crappie.com. Love this site I am an avid crappie fisherman and just LOVE to fish. My biggest problem is most fisherman here are primarily after Bass not many share my love for crappie fishing so I am excited to have somewhere to share my socal crappie stories, experiences, etc. So how about it any socal crappie fisherman here?
    Milo

Post Thanks / Like

Hola Milo
    Welcome aboard.
    Me and my fishing partner have a 21' Lowe on Lake Perris. Missed the spawn last year but will be on top of it this year.
    At Perris we are targeting Bluegill - Big Blugill.
    Hasta

Post Thanks / Like

I was stationed there at Balboa Naval Hospital 92-95 and have to admit it was a fisherman's paradise. I have so many great memories of fishing adventures to reflect on from so many places and not to mention, so many species. I have been back home here in South Carolina since 95 and I fish 2-3 times a week and have to say that there is hardly a trip that goes by without memories of those great times on the waters of Southern California. From lakes of Northern Baja in the south, westward to the Colorado, northward to Castaic, and all of the local San Diego waters fresh and salt, I have to admit that I was exposed to some of the most advanced anglers in the world. Being from South Carolina, y'all had a blast with me and my classical Bubba habits that I brought with me:D. I learned so much about finess and technique from the heavily pressured mini lakes there that I was able to bring home a priceless knowledge of skill to the 50 to 75 thousand acre reservoirs here in SC. I am now 36 with a wife and three beautiful children, two boys 9 and 5, and a little princess who will be 3 on the 20th. I hope one day they will know how much I love Southern Cal and will grant me a trip out there for a fishing reunion. Ha Ha, only if I win the lottery!!
    GET DA NET!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the welcome guys. I love catching the big bluegills as well. I usually try to squeeze in a trip every year up to Lake Cachuma for some of their slab bluegill but maybe ought to think about Lake Perris as well? Went out to El Capitan reservoir (Pigz you might remember El Cap?) this weekend came back with 11 nice slab crappie and one Bass. Cooked em up in some beer batter and am eating crappie tacos as I type this yum! Anyway if any of you come down San Diego way maybe we can hook up and do some fishin.

Milo
    Last edited by Milo; 02-16-2009 at 11:18 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

welcome from ,al
    The fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome, PM any time to fish. I am in Orange County

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Yea Milo, I remember El Cap. Speaking of the gills, I caught several limits of big Blue Gills at Lake Southerland outside of Romona. 1/32 oz red/chartruese 1" tube jigs tipped with meal worms, 8' light action spinning rod/reel, 4lb green Maxima, casting tight line with slow retrieves. I have to say pound for pound they are the hardest fighting fish in the lake, oh and the fillets made great fish tacos. No one around here in SC had ever heard of fresh chopped cabbage, cilantro, guacamola, and fresh fillets wrapped up in a flour tortilla, Umh Umh Good!!
    GET DA NET!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from Dallas, Texas.

Post Thanks / Like

welcome from Stonewall LA did not know you all crappie fished out there. My wife is from L.A. county she only talks about bluegill and saltwater fishing, she never even heard of crappie until she moved here. Good to know though she wants to go visit her family soon im going to need a place to escape. by the way are yo yo's legal out there

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure what a yo yo is so I don't know if its legal or not. There are some good crappie lakes down here in San Diego if you come out pm me and I'll let you know where they are biting.
    Milo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast