Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Pro Angler Triggerspin Reel

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pro Angler Triggerspin Reel

I'm considering trying the Pro Angler PAT10 triggerspin reel on a 10' Pro Angler crappie rod. It would be used for trolling and maybe bed fishing. If anyone has experience with this combo I would like to have your comments good or bad. Thanks!

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink To my way of thinking ...

Quote Originally Posted by HillBilly5 View Post
    I'm considering trying the Pro Angler PAT10 triggerspin reel on a 10' Pro Angler crappie rod. It would be used for trolling and maybe bed fishing. If anyone has experience with this combo I would like to have your comments good or bad. Thanks!

... a reel that small, with only a 3.2:1 retrieve ratio, is going to be deficient in two catagories :
    Line spool is going to be very small, which will help create memory coils in your mono.
    Retrieve ratio is very slow ... which means you aren't going to be able to crank in much line per handle turn.

Unless you just have a jones for a closed face type reel :p .... something like this Mitchell Avocet II might be a better choice : Mitchell Avocet Ii Spinning Reel, Fresh Water, Abu Garcia at Sportsman's Guide
    It runs in the same price range, has a 5.2:1 retrieve ratio, same # bearings, has instant anti-reverse, and also comes with spare spool (for backup or different # test line).
    (Note : just used this reel for comparison, I do not have one).

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks!

Thanks for the comments crappiepappy!
    By the way, I love your username.

TacoBender is offline Slabmaster II * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I have and love ProAngler Rods. I haven't used the reel you're talking about. I use Shakespear 200. It's a inexpesive small reel that works very well. You can get them at Wal-Mart for about $18.00.
    TacoBender
    On The Spot Guide Service
    "Catchin Crappie Year Round"
    www.onthespotwithscott.com