Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Athens Marine

Post Thanks / Like

Default Athens Marine

Anyone familiar with them? Please give me a report.

Post Thanks / Like

I would try to find someone else to service your motor. I had problems with them about a year and a half ago over charging me for work. I have a friend who was in the marine business and I was too impatient to wait on him so I took my boat to Athens Marine. My boat was stalling after running wot for a minute or so. They charged me $800 to rebuild my carbs (which they said was the problem). I was on the water less than 5 minutes before I was having the same problem. Next step was they replaced my fuel pump and filter...... Still not fixed. Long story short... I put a zip tie on the fuel line where it connects to the motor and it fixed the problem. The motor was sucking air because the hose was loose. You wouldn't believe how mad I was that I had wasted all that money. As far as their new sales, I have no idea but I wouldn't trust their diagnostics.
    To heck with work, lets go fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Wes. The reason I asked is because I sent them a request for information on a boat. That was two months ago and I never heard from them. I guess their business is so good they don't need to accomodate a potential customer. I wanted to keep my business in Georgia, but I guess I will have to deal with a dealership in FL or SC.