Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Norman, Monday 2/9

Post Thanks / Like

Default Norman, Monday 2/9

Took a vacation day & me and Skeeterdude went to Norman for the first time. Put in on lower end in the warm water. Drug minnows & jigs through deep brush piles, 20-30 feet.
    Looking for some of those slabs I've heard about. Fished from 8 till noon, then moved up to stumpy creek & fished till 4:00. Caught 15 crappie, 3 green carp, 5 spotted carp, & 2 white carp. Best crappie was 15 inches, 6 were under 8".
    Not a bad day, but not as good as I was hoping for.
    Only 1 truck & trailer at the first put in, only 3 trucks & trailers at Stumpy Creek. Talked to 2 bass fishermen & said they hadn't caught a fish.
    Anyone else think daytime fishing on a full moon is tougher ?

Post Thanks / Like

Default full moon

Any fishing on the full moon is tough for me. Cats especially get finicky during the full moon. I think stripers respond best to it. I've had mixed results with crappie. Night fishing is worthless on a full moon.

Post Thanks / Like

3 rd day before and 3 rd day after is usually Good and I usually do real good on the day of the full moon, which was yesterday, The bite was not that good to day for us, very light bite. If a front is about to come through that is a bonus! You got to have a little wind, too. East wind is the worst. In the spring and sumer I will try my best to go on the day of the full moon. Spider rigging is the best for me on them days. Week of the full moon, forget about night fishing!