Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: turkey huntin

Post Thanks / Like

Default turkey huntin

i know it is several weeks away but i just can't stand it. thinking of heading down to florida to start my season off a little early,doesn't come in around here until april 11, anyone got any tips or suggestions, heard that is a tough place to kill a turkey. thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

I have traveled the whole country chasing them but never been to Florida. I have tried to line up trips but have never got it worked out. Good luck!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gobbler View Post
    i know it is several weeks away but i just can't stand it. thinking of heading down to florida to start my season off a little early,doesn't come in around here until april 11, anyone got any tips or suggestions, heard that is a tough place to kill a turkey. thanks.
    Starts March 14 here in Mississippi. Don't have private land but 1000s of acres of public land all along the waterway. If you want to come down here, there is a campground a mile from the house with boatramp. Hunt till we get skunked and then fish the rest of the day. Just wanted to throw out an invite. This goes for anyone wants to.
    Brian

Will fish for food!

Post Thanks / Like

now that sounds like a winner

Post Thanks / Like

Beenfishin?
    Where in Miss. is this invitation to turkey hunt. I will back home in Byhalia, Ms. on the 1st of March. I am in Florida now, but will home soon. I have a 40' motorhome and are looking for a good turkey spot.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chucker View Post
    Beenfishin?
    Where in Miss. is this invitation to turkey hunt. I will back home in Byhalia, Ms. on the 1st of March. I am in Florida now, but will home soon. I have a 40' motorhome and are looking for a good turkey spot.
    I live in Aberdeen. There is plenty of corp land on the Tenn-Tomm Waterway that is eat up with turkey, and hunters too, unfortunately. I do know some spots that MAY not be hunted so hard. Never know from year to year. One year nobody is on such and such spot and the next 400 folks are on it. We could certainly find a good spot. If you want, come on down one weekend before season opens and I will show you around, do a little scouting, and do some fishin as well.
    Brian

Will fish for food!

Post Thanks / Like

You have to wait??? I'm STILL hunting them here in Arkansas. You see, we have a very liberal archery season; from 1 October until 28 Feb for deer and turkey.

So, when it's windy, I stay off the lake and hunt. When it's not so windy, well I get in the boat and keep watch on the pre-spawn activities. It's a win-win.

The winter bird has eluded me so far, but I have a couple more weeks, so we'll see. But Tuesday and Wednesday will be spent on beautiful Lake Ouachita (wash-shi-taw) spying on the speck and lm bass and puttin' out condos.

Boys, retirement is EVERYTHING it's cracked up to be! <><

aj

Post Thanks / Like

Brian:
    Your on!!
    Will send you a PM today with my phone # and address. As soon as I get home I will call you.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fla. Turkey Hunting

I purchased a hunt at the NWTF fund raiser in Apopka Fla for a deer hunt in Illinois for the 2009-2010 hunting year. The outfitter I will be hunting with also does Guided Turkey hunts in Florida, His name is Ben Plattner his phone # is 217-632-7060. If you need names of a couple other Guides in Central Fla let me know. They all Hunt in Central Florida for the Osceola.

Post Thanks / Like

beefishin can't come this year but i'll take a rain check for next year if that is ok, folks i'll be hunting state land for the osceola, all my birds come from state land, not by choice just lack of money and good friends i guess:D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast