Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: rotten transoms

Post Thanks / Like

Default rotten transoms

as some of you know, i just recently replaced the rotten transom on my boat, i would high reccomend to all of you that are going to do it, to use the product i used. its called seacast and here is the link. www.transomrepair.com i tell ya, easy to do, never rots, and is rock solid. look around at their testing. leave me any questions if you have any.

Scrapper is offline Crappie Wall Hanger II - Moderator Mechanics forum
    Post Thanks / Like

allen...I too have done alot of research on seacast. I have found it to be a great product...have yet to find somone that was not 100% satisfied with it. The only compaint I have heard is getting all the old wood out of the transom....you have to get it ALL out. Did you take any pics or anything?? You should start a thread of your rebuild if you did.
    "But if serving the Lord seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord.” Joshua 25:15

Post Thanks / Like

it was a pain to get the very bottom. i didnt take pics and cant get pics right now either.. lol. its at the shop getting the motor ready for spring.but i poured it on a cimarron bass boat. i cut along the bottom of the splashwell and drilled holes all the way across the top of the transom. i then ran a chainsaw down inside to clen it out. then i made me a 2 ft long handl to put on my chiesel. and got her done. blew the leftovers out with air compressor