Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hate this NC Winter- Jordan Report

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hate this NC Winter- Jordan Report

What the **** kind of winter weather is this anyway? It's the end of January and I used to really look forward to going ice fishing- you know, fight through the snow, drag a sled out on the ice, work up a sweat drillin holes through 12-18" of ice, sit out there on a bucket and freeze all day for a few crappie. Man that was fun. Now here I am, stuck down here in mid 50's weather, no wind and piles of Crappie evrywhere you go.
    Got a nice limit today at Jordan, 30 ft deep around the 64 bridge and up in the S curves. Color didn't seem to matter, just go SLOOOOOWWWW. Totally, I caught about 50 fish with more than 30 legal size. No really big ones, but had 2 over 13".
    Actually, I had some awesome ice fishin days back in Illinois, but I'll take this kind of winter over all that snow and ice.

Post Thanks / Like

Landed a few today at Jordan myself. I got within 250 yards of 64bridge and turned around after seeing 6-7 boats. Hit another spot and brought home 7 keepers for the fryer. Boated about 30 fish or so with 95% of those being 9 3/4". Fat little rascals too but not legal. The bite was very light, all I felt was a little "twitch"....if you didn't set the hook immediately, they were gone.
    Hunting and Fishing the Carolinas www.carolinasoutdoor.com

poppop is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

What did you catch that $20 bill on... I need a limit of those.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by chief View Post
    What the **** kind of winter weather is this anyway? It's the end of January and I used to really look forward to going ice fishing- you know, fight through the snow, drag a sled out on the ice, work up a sweat drillin holes through 12-18" of ice, sit out there on a bucket and freeze all day for a few crappie. Man that was fun. Now here I am, stuck down here in mid 50's weather, no wind and piles of Crappie evrywhere you go.
    Got a nice limit today at Jordan, 30 ft deep around the 64 bridge and up in the S curves. Color didn't seem to matter, just go SLOOOOOWWWW. Totally, I caught about 50 fish with more than 30 legal size. No really big ones, but had 2 over 13".
    Actually, I had some awesome ice fishin days back in Illinois, but I'll take this kind of winter over all that snow and ice.
    hey Chief... what part of Illinois ya from? I'm from just south of Chicago myself, been down here a good 10 yrs or more, I too miss the ice fishin'..really do! Craetegous (sp) is from Illinois also!, If I remember around the Peoria area.. yep talked with buddy of mine the other day and he did pretty good on small pond last weekend!! some huge gills..I did alot of ice fishin in Il, Mi, and Wisc.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by poppop View Post
    What did you catch that $20 bill on... I need a limit of those.
    I just watch for the $30,000 bass boats. It rains dollar bills when they blast past me running 90mph. :D

Post Thanks / Like

I think he bought some of Chief's fish so he could have his own picture.
    Give a man a fish, feed him for a day.
    Teach a man to fish, he'll sit in a boat and drink beer all day.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ncnat View Post
    I think he bought some of Chief's fish so he could have his own picture.
    :D

Post Thanks / Like

it was a nice day out, got our limit, they bit slower today than monday though, color did seem to really matter to our fish, water was muddy and got to 44degrees. caught a 2 1/4 pound monday that coughed up a 5'' shad, biggest one i 've cuaght this year, didn't know they would eat shad that big, don't have any jigs that size! like chief said no real big ones today but a couple in the 13'' range.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hpcrappieman View Post
    hey Chief... what part of Illinois ya from? I'm from just south of Chicago myself, been down here a good 10 yrs or more, I too miss the ice fishin'..really do! Craetegous (sp) is from Illinois also!, If I remember around the Peoria area.. yep talked with buddy of mine the other day and he did pretty good on small pond last weekend!! some huge gills..I did alot of ice fishin in Il, Mi, and Wisc.
    Central Illinois-- Shelbyville and Clinton lakes were pretty good to me. I'm still using the same type of tube jigs I used 25 years ago. Been down here for almost 7 years and don't intend to move back. They actually close golf courses up there in the winter. AND the lakes freeze!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Andrew Jackson looks on with envy.
    I wasn't born here, but I got here as fast as I could

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast