Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stripers at Jordan

Post Thanks / Like

Default Stripers at Jordan

Anyone fish Jordan for striper? I would love to fish there bc i have heard good things about that lake as far as striper fishing. Any infomations would be great.

Post Thanks / Like

Do a search on here for it and you should come up with some info. They are hard to catch this time of the year. Should pick up in a couple months. Fished Friday week ago with no bites, good thing the crappie were biting a little.
    Mike

Take a kid outdoors!

Post Thanks / Like

fish4fun, I striper fish out there about every week end, look for a 22' Carolina skiff with RUN-N-LATE on the side I will help u all I can..........Thanks Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Mark, where can i find u at Jordan? I would like it alot if we can get together and you help fish for striper.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, I just got a new 16 foot john boat and I will be up around that area alot till the saltwater fishing starts up. I am totally new to Jordan and would love to try it next Monday. I was thinking about trolling from the ramp till i get to the hwy 64 bridge then crappie fish. First off, what kind of lures do you troll for strippers, 2nd do yall just fish right next to the bridge, or do you actually use your depth finders and find spots on the bottom. Thanks any help would be apprected. I just bought this new boat and want to catch some fish, not very picky it can be catfish, crappie or stripers.

Post Thanks / Like

this time of year go deep, very deep, an slow, their not very active yet. 1oz bucktails. gold spoons, jigs tipped with large minnows works for me, try around bouy 4/5 road bed area, and out in front of the s curve, both ends, their deep, so drifting might work better. if we get a few warm days get out there, then let the birds do the work for you. just make sure your right off the bottom and slow it all down.
    my first chose would be jigs/large minnows free lined on 8/10lb line.
    good luck with your new boat, now you can fish the roanoke lol
    Last edited by albiechaser; 01-29-2009 at 09:31 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Fish4fun, This time of year the stripers slow down, trolling is not good at this time of year. If you want to catch a few, catch some live bait and fish deep and solw. I will be out there Sat. but I will be crappie fishing w/some friends. When I troll I use 8 rods, 6 leadcore and 2 downriggers, live baiting I pull around 14 rods, 8 down rods, 4 planner boards, and 2 free lines. albiechaser, gave you some good places to start. Hope this helps......Mark

Post Thanks / Like

There is a boat ramp on the left as you go toward Jordan Dam, I don't know the name is but someone said that is a good place to fish for striper.Has anyone tried that place? I know u have to pay 3dollars to park. Mark, have you fished there and when can we hook up to do some striper fishing?

Post Thanks / Like

I do not fish that end this time of the year, but when you are coming out from that ramp headed to the dam on your left before you get to where the island is, there is a cove on the left go up in there, at the right time of the year they are in that cove. I run a guide service from March till July don't have may dates left open. If u would like to call me I will tell u what you need to do on your own, or if you see me out there stop and ask or put your rods down where I am.......Mark

Post Thanks / Like

O I forgot my cell is 919-291-1028 We should not talk striper on here this much it is a CRAPPIE SIGHT...........Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast