Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I will not get skunked

Post Thanks / Like

Default I will not get skunked

I will not get skunked, I will not get skunked. Going squirrel hunting at first light then crappie fishing on the Yadkin River. I hope I still remember how to fish, I hav'nt been since October. I will not get skunked, I will not get skunked.
    Give a man a fish, feed him for a day.
    Teach a man to fish, he'll sit in a boat and drink beer all day.

Post Thanks / Like

you ever found yourself on a cold muddy river in the middle of the day and wonder what the heck am i doing hereeeeeeee :D by the way good luck
    [never snap at the hand that feeds ya

Post Thanks / Like

Here is a direct quote from Rookie12 concerning my fishing on Highrock this past weekend, "That cold, muddy water will humble you".

I really felt like I would do well on Highrock when I headed out. I didn't get skunked, I was glad I went and it felt good to be out there. But the fishing was horrible. I have two types of days when I fish, fishing days and catching days. This was deifinetly a fishing day.

Good luck, you'll need it!
    I only fish the two best days of the year, when its raining and when its not!

Post Thanks / Like

how'd you do ncnat? Are you using squirrel dogs or just walking the woods? My cousin just bought a cur that he's going to train to squirrel hunt. Can't wait till next year. Hope you did well.

poppop is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I came across Abbotts Creek from Southmont a few minutes ago....I believe I caught the faint odor of a skunk drifting across from the main channel.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by poppop View Post
    I came across Abbotts Creek from Southmont a few minutes ago....I believe I caught the faint odor of a skunk drifting across from the main channel.
    It wasn't coming from my boat.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Whompus Cat View Post
    how'd you do ncnat? Are you using squirrel dogs or just walking the woods? My cousin just bought a cur that he's going to train to squirrel hunt. Can't wait till next year. Hope you did well.
    Since there was rain on the windshield this morning I skipped the squirrel hunting (I don't like cleaning wet squirrels) and only fished. No dogs.

Post Thanks / Like

OK, NO skunk here today. I caught 17 crappie, 2 white perch and 1 bream. Most of the crappie were 9''-12''. All were caught on jigs except for 1 white perch that was caught on a crankbait from 5'-12' deep very near or on the bottom. Water was slightly stained (clear by Yadkin River Standards) and ranged from 37*-54*. All but 1 fish came from 43* water. The bigger fish were caught using a 1/16 oz jighead with a 1.75'' tube and a 1.5'' curltail pushing the split ends of the tube out.
    Last edited by ncnat; 01-26-2009 at 03:21 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

YOU THE MAN!

I'll have to try repeatedly shouting that at the ramp my next trip (not been out in over 2 wks due to weather). And d*** the bystanders, they'll just think Im yet another crazy ole man.
    o2bbassin

poppop is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

good job nat...did you use the new rods and reels? Was wondering how those rods worked. Were you fishing that general area you were telling me about Saturday at the fishing show?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast