Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ice conditions in linton area

Post Thanks / Like

Default ice conditions in linton area

Hi everyone! Hope your ice fishing has been fun so far. I live a couple hours north of Linton and was wondering how thick the ice might be down there and if it would be worth trip down around the strip pits? I fish it every spring and always have a great time and have always wondered what ice fishing would be like there. Anyone with any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks ...............treepotato

Post Thanks / Like

ice fishing in southern indiana besides small ponds could be very hazzardous to your health ice don't get good with 20s one day 50s the next. have read where atleast 6 have died this year ice fishing

Post Thanks / Like

wow! I have'nt heard of any fatalties this year. Were they all in southern indiana? Thanks for the precautions.......treepotato

Post Thanks / Like

We have had a couple people in Pendleton fall in this year. One guy spent 45 minutes in the pond and was rescued and the other didn't make it out. These were two seperate incidents. Be careful! For my area, I would have to say this isn't the best ice fishing year. Too many warm days (35+) for my liking. I have been twice and didn't enjoy it either time. I usually go 15-20 times a year. Not any more.
    Caught so many fish today my thumb is sore from clicking the counter.

Post Thanks / Like

I have seen a guy ice fishing south of Jasper. One day was last thursday at noon the first warm day of those two warm days we had last week I think it was Thurday.

I love to ice fish got time to do it now but I for one don't trust the ice we got. Course we are a lot farther south than Linton. It's an hour and a half to Linton from here.

For now anyway I plan to wait for soft water I feel more secure in my boat and I have fish in the freezer from last year.

Post Thanks / Like

I live about 20 minutes from Linton. I've seen a few people out on small ponds but have no idea how thick the ice is. I personally will wait until I can sit on a dock and see a splash in the water before I head out again. 75 sounds like a great temperature right now.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey thanks for all the info guys , I appreciate it........treepotato

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Treetop is there any water at the mississinewa or salamoni this time of the year? I grew up in your neck of the woods. I was born and raised in Jonesboro.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi cyberhog, I have'nt fished the mississenwa any but the salamonie was hot earlier but has really been tough lately. alot of small ones and the bite has been sporadic at best. Im hoping with the barometer falling like it is that the bite will pick back up. there is great ice aprox. 8 inches and the water clarity is not bad at some areas. Im going back out tomorrow and Saturday and try it again. .......treepotato

Post Thanks / Like

I may have to reconsider my earlier statement we got ice everywhere now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast