Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: A slow day on Highrock

Post Thanks / Like

Default A slow day on Highrock

I spent the better part of the day fishing Highrock today. Put in at Tamarac and fished both east and west of the bridge. I have been doing quite well on Jordan at the 64 bridge so I thought I would try the same tactics at Highrock. Fished just off botton, slow trolling with minnows. I picked up 12/15 small crappie, only two real keepers in the bunch. The water temperture was 40/41 and somewhat muddy. I spoke to others who all had similar results.
    I did try minnow tipped jigs, not much better than a minnow by itself.
    I only fish the two best days of the year, when its raining and when its not!

Post Thanks / Like

Will be another month or so before the areas I fish down there heat up. Good job on the ones you got.
    Mike

Take a kid outdoors!

Post Thanks / Like

me and grandson put in at fs started to drizzel so we just stayed in the channel in that area real slow for us too few dinks
    [never snap at the hand that feeds ya

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't done too well in Crane Creek lately either. Probably be another 2-3 weeks.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hr

I think it was about this time last year when I started catching 'em good longlining on High Rock. I know Feb. and March are the ticket up there. I'll be making a few trips in a month or so. That cold, muddy water will humble you.