Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Crappie inside a crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie inside a crappie

Met up with sittin duck this am. & together we flat wore em out, left with a real good bite on some good size ones still in progress. Lost count how many, kept just a few apiece & when I cleaned the ones I took home I found a 2 1/2'' crappie inside one of the bigger crappie. Sittin duck I had agreat time fishin with ya & as usual when we fish together we did right good. Caught fish on probably more than 1/2 our cast & I think we had 4 double headers on the tandem jigs. Water temp. 40 fished mostly 8ft. all artificials ,extremly low tide

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hey tear em up you up late?

Hey bud guess who this is, just figured out to get on here, cool. probably a good way to stay in contact with you. sounds like you had another good day. drownded about 20 christmans trees on wendsday and plan on doing many more, great getting paid to do it too!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Gduck fishboy & I were just looking on here ,saw ya posted . Just told the wife I was going to call ya today.I got our tree in the yard waiting to sink too . Sittin duck & I were talking about sinking locations while fishing yesterday , one area we talked about we could hual them there in the Tear em up where she's got deck space then go back & fish em with the small boats.

Post Thanks / Like

Default drownding trees

cool you need help let me know, i learned alot about sinkin them the other day. for one thing cut off the trunk as close to the branches as possible, its just extra floatation your dont need. i had a couple of treess actually keep floating with a concrete block tied to them. also since we dont have deep water in most places tie the block 1/2 way up the tree so it sinks sideways and in 6 feet of water will still be 3 or 4 ft below the surface. and to make them sink eaisier cut them in 1/2 with 1 block per half, eaisier to toss too! i felt like i was beat up the other day after wrestling with 20 of them and hauling them all the way out on that gazebo with blocks, actually blew a bearing on a wheel barrow doing it. talk to you soon. cya gduck

Post Thanks / Like

Some guys take 1/2 5 gal. bucket fill it with concrete, run some long screws part way in the trunk to hold it in the concrete & stick the tree in the bucket. Was thinking about some deeper spots in the pocomoke & in broad cr. Got to check out our pond right in town where you were talking about the other day ,maybe some brush could go in there too, holdem to something & it might narrow down the searching. I'll try to get over to help ya after work. I got to get this home project done ,the way there biting right now its hard to wanna work.