Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: LOZ fishing forecast

Post Thanks / Like

Default LOZ fishing forecast

FYI - for you that fish LOZ, you might be interested in seeing an article that was in today's Lake Sun Leader. Go to Homepage - Camdenton, MO - Lake Sun Leader click on sports and then D. Taylors fishing forecast. Not much faith in Taylor's reports, but quotes G. Stoner of MDC on some numbers.
    Mark

Pitching jigs, catching slabs, life is good

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like it could be a good year for ya on LOZ.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for posting, Mark. Interesting reading. 2008 was an off-year as far as size, for sure. But there were also a lot of unique situations this year such as the milk-shake shade of water in Spring due to huge rains, etc. I'm looking forward to better times, for sure...
    - LOZcrappie (Scott)

I would not exchange my leisure hours for all the wealth in the world. --Comte de Mirabeau (1749-1791)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Crappie View Post
    Sounds like it could be a good year for ya on LOZ.
    Its always a good year for loz.......some's just a little better that othersthanks for the link Mark.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the link, Mark!
    I always read the LOZ fishing report written by Mr. Taylor. I have found them to be pretty good, but sometimes a lot of the success in certain parts of the lake are very local as far as the reports he gets from other fishermen, so the actual report may not really pertain to the locations where one may fish or the conditions, structure, etc. may not be the same as where that report came from.
    I met Mr. Taylor one time on the water. I saw this man fishing on a point that at times I fish almost daily in the warmer months of the year. My son and I were heading to that location when we say a boat within 10 or 15 yards over an area I had triangulated from shore structures--no GPS--and had fished the previous 3 days. We had caught a lot of nice white bass and hybrids and even a mixed bag of walleye, crappie and blue cats--per usual we only kept a few for the frying pan. Anyway, as we were about 40 or 50 yards from him and he called us over to his boat. I told him that we did not want to catch 'his' fish, but he said he was leaving anyway and told us exactly where to fish. Then he threw 2 spoons in my boat-about the same spooon he had tied on his line. He said that was catching some nice hybrids and told us exactly how to work the spoons. Real similar to how we had previously caught fish there, but we had used grubs and twister tails. He was looking for walleye and had 'stumbled' on this spot, so when he did not find the walleye, he was leaving anyway to scout up another likely spot. Anyway we found him to be a really great guy and ran into him another time at a sports show somewhere. We were very surprised when he shared not only his information but his spot!
    How is the fishing your way, Mark. Too cold down here, time for football!
    the trick to catch that finnicky speck....
    gently set the hook just before the peck

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info on LOZ. I'm feeling better about spring fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Husker, it had been real hit and miss, but I think if we can get a few days of consistent temp. things should settle down and get better. Seems like the wind and temp changes direction at least once a day if not more????

I read somewhere that "It will get better"!!
    Mark

Pitching jigs, catching slabs, life is good