Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ? For you conceal carry citizens

Post Thanks / Like

Default ? For you conceal carry citizens

Fixing to go through my class to get my conceal carry permit and am looking to purchase a weapon for this purpose. What type of weapon do you carry? I have been looking at smaller units in the .45 cal. range and found many choices. I like the S&W M&P 4" barrel for the customized grip designs and the Springfield XD 4" barrel. What are your thoughts on these and others in the same class?

Post Thanks / Like

9mm pistol, graduated carry class 2.5 years ago. Never applied for permit. Sherrif wants $200 to do that. Got better things to do wif that money. So, I sometimes carry in the vehicle, and will tell a law enforcement in a heartbeat that I have the weapon in the vehicle. They are courteous while asking why I have it, then why I haven't filed for the permit. I tell it's a money thing. They run a check on me, and send me on my way. Treat the law with respect they deserve and it usually comes back the same way.
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry

Post Thanks / Like

Jeepster, I carry a Bersa .380. I wanted something small and easy to conceal and for the money it's very reliable. Thinking about moving up a little bit, I really like the Ruger SR9 I would use it as my primary and have the .380 as a secondary. I haven't done any reading or looked at the pistols your looking at so I don't really have any imput on either of those.
    Goodnight Vienna...Pistols Firing!!!

Post Thanks / Like

S&W 629 Classic DX, 6 1/2"

No, I don't carry it on me, but it fits in console in my truck ok

Seriously, I'd love to have a HK P7M8 or 13, maybe even a 10, but whole
    lotta money.
    Had a Detonics .45 once, loved it and would still have if frame hadn't of
    cracked...
    Shoals Area Crappie Association

Post Thanks / Like

If your gonna carry it get a 380 that has a safety, dont wanna shoot the junk off. Watch for guns that have slam fire issues also. Small cal. autos are dangerous.
    Last edited by DTG; 01-08-2009 at 07:20 PM.
    FISH-ON!!!!!

STUMP HUNTER is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I carry the Kel-Tec PF-9mm. It's small and light weight. They make a clip that will install to the right hand side, I ordered one for mine and it works good when you don't want to wear a holster. I have shot about 200 rounds through the gun and I am very happy with it.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER ---------
    Ascend 133X 13' - MotorGuide Xi3 & Mercury 4

Post Thanks / Like

I won't carry a 9mm for personal protection. Too fast and isn't effective on people, ask our troops overseas if you know any. When I turn 21 I'm getting the short 1911 .45 ACP. It's rather stout and isn't for everyone. Get an inside the pants belt holster and wear a jacket/over shirt when you go out.

Post Thanks / Like

I carry the thompson 45 cal. & a ruger 45 cal. they may be a bit slow but they have good knock down power. Like american express never leave home without it.............:D

Post Thanks / Like

Number 1 what ever gun u pick get good with it. it takes alot of practice.rember the life you save will be yours and your familys if the situation arises, personal choice is model 59 S&W 17 shots 9mm first shot double action 16 single action with a decocker

hawkman is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Might be a little harder to conceal but a friend of mine has one of these. I like it. A lot.

Taurus International Manufacturing Inc
    Crappie fishing is my lighthouse of sanity in an insane world,
    It keeps me from crashing on the rocky shores of everyday life.
    Crappie.com is my beacon of light!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast