Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My Dodge Truck

Post Thanks / Like

Default My Dodge Truck

In a way this is about crappie fishing, you guessed it beagle is having more trouble, damn get tired of this crap, anyway,went to shift 2001 dodge 1500 to 4wheel drive and nothing no 4wheel drive. no noise,no clunks,no nothing, any Ideas, anyone need any more info. worked couple weeks ago dont use it often ???

Post Thanks / Like

Beagle, I've got a 96 model 3/4 ton, but I think they operate the same. First, did you get a indicator light? I have put mine in(thought I did), got a light but no 4x. Just had to move the truck a little and try it again, went in. Next, there is a vacuum operated collar that slides inside the axle to lock it up. If you don't have vacuum, no 4x. I believe it is operated off the movement of the xfer shift lever. I got a manual, I'll look it up to be sure. I'll get back to you in a while.

The manual didn't go into much more detail than what I had already given. I'm assuming that the electrical switch on the vac. motor housing(on the axle) sends signal to the indicator light on dash. What I don't know for sure is what sends vac. signal to vac. motor. It appears, by reading between the lines and without going out and crawling under my truck, that there is some type of valve(?) on the xfer case that would be connected to the shift linkage most likely.
    Last edited by talltimber; 01-04-2009 at 03:29 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

talltimber wish I had a book, anyway no matter what I do no 4x light hasnt worked in years but 4x always did. thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by beagle man View Post
    In a way this is about crappie fishing, you guessed it beagle is having more trouble, damn get tired of this crap, anyway,went to shift 2001 dodge 1500 to 4wheel drive and nothing no 4wheel drive. no noise,no clunks,no nothing, any Ideas, anyone need any more info. worked couple weeks ago dont use it often ???
    beagle
    i alos have a 01 dodge and mine went out last year u might want to look at the TRANSFER CASE ACTUATOR SWITCH ,Transmission Control Module, Transmission Solenoid they had to replace all three of thse on mine it was a costly repair but i bought it 2 yrs ago and only had to cover half of it thank god for warrenty

Post Thanks / Like

I would check first to make sure that the vac lines are still attached and in good condition. Really need a vac check, but you would need a gauge for that. I assume your mode selector works on your heater/ac? If all you have is defrost(default)then you've lost vacuum. Other than that, it would be an under-the-hood/truck check line by line. Also, I would check the lines around the xfer case. You might happen up on something obvious you could fix yourself without taking it somewhere. Not belittling your ability in any way, just thinking about how I would go about it myself. FWIW, dieseltruckresource.com is a great site, mostly diesel related, but they have a general discussion forum that could most likely help. Look for Generation 2 general discussion. Holler.

Speck is online now MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought mine went out a few years ago, All it turned out to be was a vacume line came loose. Worked fine after that.

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

thanks will try the above,

Post Thanks / Like

you could just open a fresh jug of crown,sit down and think about it,,,,,,just a thought
    IT'S 5--O-CLOCK SOMEWHERE,,,MIKE-p

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

don't think the crown would help,

headline. stupid drunk burns down truck

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by beagle man View Post
    don't think the crown would help,

headline. stupid drunk burns down truck

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast