Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: shootin ducks!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default shootin ducks!!

Any one been shootin ducks? it has been quiet here on this forum in regards to duck huntin, Hey Cast and Blast, I have let several slip through here, you gettin-em. We have killed ducks and several geese, including some snows already, (been huntin geese since the lakes have froze over)

Post Thanks / Like

I seen several new birds at rend today and heard more shouting than I have heard all year.
    can't catch'em at home

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't been in a while, but my son and a friend of his got into a lot of ducks about a week ago up in northeastern Indiana, he told me him and his friend limited out on green heads on that hunt. I need to get back up there before the season is over.
    To Whom Much Is Given, Much Is Required

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by duc hntr View Post
    Any one been shootin ducks?
    No

I was out all last week trying to shoot some ducks, but there just weren't many around. We knocked off a few, but not in huge numbers. Nobody shot a limit. I hunt West Tennessee along the Hatchie and Forked Deer rivers and bottoms, so things might be different up yall's way in Indiana and Illinois. But it's been slow down here.

However, yesterday morning we were out checking/setting traps and we heard some pintails moving through the clouds. A little later we saw a huge group of Snows moving down. I think they were moving with the front that came through. So hopefully things will pick back up for us here soon.
    Mistah Kurtz - he dead
    A penny for the Old Guy

Post Thanks / Like

Duck and goose hunting has slowed way down, I think the birds moved out with the last front that came through, out of four hunts we havn't seen any birds.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey duc hntr....I'm glad your getting some shooting in...I just got back home last night and heading back to my club Wed. night....Yes I've been getting the ones you let through...Thanks!....I've been having a good year. Even had a couple of really good days in the flooded timber before the water fell out. Lots of Greenheads (forgot my camera on the last trip or I would have had some good pics to post). Friday was real good but Saturday and Sunday were slow for mallards ( Mostly high fliers and hard to work) but lots of teal, gadwalls and Blue bills and spoonies. Personally I don't shoot spoonies or B.B.'s. Yesterday started the same until the sleet and freezing rain started and things changed fast. All you had to do was let them know you were there and they sucked right in. If you could see them you could work em. I hunted by myself and between 8:30 and 9:45 I killed 4 mallards, 1 Bull pin, and 1 Gadwall, for a 6 duck limit all drakes plus 1 lost snow goose. I stayed a while just working ducks and several times filled my decoys with lots of Mallards, Pin's, Gadwalls, teal, blue bills. I've been having a real good time and will try to post some pics when season is over and I get back home.