Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Eastfork 12-26-08

Post Thanks / Like

Default Eastfork 12-26-08

Fishing started a little slow today, a few areas were frooze where we've been catching them. Most productive pattern was main lake laydowns, pitching jigs 12-20'. We caught around 75, kept 30 for a snack during the Bearcats game.

Starvin

Post Thanks / Like

Oughta get rid of that ice tonight and tomorrow. I hope to get out and give them a shot Sunday, but it's not looking too promising for me right now.
    Bob's Jigs Prostaff
    www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

??? starvin said lake was up 2.5 ft... lake report shows it down 5.5 it has not been updated sent 12-24-08 so be careful stumps are not showing...
    Last edited by Yates; 12-26-2008 at 09:11 PM.
    J.I.L. <*)}}}><

Post Thanks / Like

Looked like a great day to be out. Thanks for the lake report, I figured the water had to be up, we just had too much rain Wednesday for it to be stable. Hpoefully, that ice will go away.

Post Thanks / Like

My dad and I made it up to EF today. Much of the area we planned to fish was frozen over, but we did manage to catch 15 decent fish from the upper end of the lake including one 13 3/4" slab. The water in the upper end of the lake and into the river was very stained to muddy and 34-37 degrees. Ran into Starvin and he sent us to the main lake where he and his partner had put a hurting on them earlier in the day. The water toward Afton was much clearer and warmer (41 degrees) but Starvin knew something we didn't about the laydowns. We were able to catch just 8 more for a total of 23 that we "put under the knife." Overall it was a great day to be out and worth the trip up north. Thanks a bunch to Yates and Starvin for the info. It helped tremendously.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kristoffer View Post
    My dad and I made it up to EF today. Much of the area we planned to fish was frozen over, but we did manage to catch 15 decent fish from the upper end of the lake including one 13 3/4" slab. The water in the upper end of the lake and into the river was very stained to muddy and 34-37 degrees. Ran into Starvin and he sent us to the main lake where he and his partner had put a hurting on them earlier in the day. The water toward Afton was much clearer and warmer (41 degrees) but Starvin knew something we didn't about the laydowns. We were able to catch just 8 more for a total of 23 that we "put under the knife." Overall it was a great day to be out and worth the trip up north. Thanks a bunch to Yates and Starvin for the info. It helped tremendously.

Fishing started a little slow today, a few areas were frooze where we've been catching them. Most productive pattern was main lake laydowns, pitching jigs 12-20'. We caught around 75, kept 30 for a snack during the Bearcats game.

Starvin

Kristoffer it's good to see you & your dad had a good time..
    Starvin said he got off to a slow start ??
    he was catching fish at 12-20'... It's hard for him to count that high!.. Larry
    J.I.L. <*)}}}><

Post Thanks / Like

Here I am stuck at home while I know Yates ans Starvin are out on the lake tearin' 'em up. Gonna get out Wednesday with my dad. I'm glad to see you guys didn't let something small like getting shot at keep you from the fish. Or maybe that's why Starvin fished the other end of the lake?
    Bob's Jigs Prostaff
    www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SpeckWick View Post
    Here I am stuck at home while I know Yates ans Starvin are out on the lake tearin' 'em up.
    Yes we did; over 75 fish. with 5 GO-rills!
    J.I.L. <*)}}}><