Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hitachi Nailers

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hitachi Nailers

Any of you guys have experience with Hitachi nailers. Ive been thinking about buying a framer and a roofing or siding nailer lately not that i have an immediate use. So Im looking for new nailers at a good price, $200 for the roofer and hopefully less for the framing. Im thinking about the roofing nailer NV34AE (new model) and am wondering if it would be better to get a siding nailer than would handle longer nails also??? Secondly im thinking about NR83A2, or alternative suggestions. I was asked to build a loft for pay recently and it sure would be nice to have the right tools. I am only considering hitachi, seems like they are the gold standard.
    "Some days im Basstastic other days im crapptacular"

Post Thanks / Like

Hitachi are a very good brand. If you get one for $200 you are getting an excellent deal. If you plan on using it for shingling you don't need the siding one, anything over 1 3/4" nail is to long for shingling. They are a good brand.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know about the roofing nailers, but I have had an Hitachi angled 15 ga finish gun for the last 2.5 years. I've put it through daily use and have always loved it. It's lightweight at 3.7 lbs, and my shoulder hasn't been hurting from dragging it around all day, everyday. Granted, it needs to be broken down and cleaned properly as it tends to mis-shoot on occassion here of late. But, it has more than paid for itself ten times over. I really like the gun. The bonus built in blower comes in handy too. I have had Porter Cable in the same style and it was ok, but no comparison. I also have a fairly new Senco that is a good gun, but I still prefer the Hitachi.
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry

Post Thanks / Like

jigsbydirk, im only thinking of wood to wood at this point. Plywood to the roof/rafters. I though for shingles they used large staples, figured id just retrofit my swingline desk stapler:D.

Post Thanks / Like

wood to wood a siding nailer would be best. I have a Bostich coil nailer that I shingle with but the Hitachi are much lighter. With the Oklahoma wind we have to use nails instead of staples.

Post Thanks / Like

Hitachi is the way to go. I have four framing guns that I have been using for about 20 years. The only repairs that have been needed is the rod that shoots the nails because they wear down over time. This is normal to any nail gun and is an inexpensive fix. Just put two drops of air tool oil in the gun evry day before it is used and you will get years of great service from the Hitachi nail guns.
    To make life enjoyable, you must have crappie days.

Post Thanks / Like

bottom or side load??? which would you prefer?
    I just found a roofing one NV45AB2S for $160 shipped
    Last edited by robbor; 12-11-2008 at 08:38 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I can't help you out, but you might contact some of these guys... (scroll through the pictures--pretty crazy stuff!!)

link

poppop is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

robbor, I have a Porter Cable framer....shoots 16 and 8p I think. It has done a lot of work without any flaws...I also have an older Atro coil nailer...that has built several buildings.

Post Thanks / Like

Mine are coil nailers. You can shoot a lot more nails without reloading with the coils versus the inline nails.
    To make life enjoyable, you must have crappie days.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast