Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Dog owners- food prices

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dog owners- food prices

Hey dog owners,not a debate of the "best" dog food,but a comment on prices.
    Got our german shep back in '03,hes 120# now

have fed him the same brand since we got him,puppy formula-then active-now a maintenece blend.

Hi protein-No soy,has corn though.

Started out 8.95 per 50# bag-last month it was up to 18.95 a bag.
    Yesterday it went up to 24.95$

Still not bad compared to us,but its tripled in 5 years and went up 1/3 in 1 month.

Any of ya'll experiencing this with your brand?

Post Thanks / Like

Have no found the price of a bag going up that much but the weight of the bag has went from 55 lbs to 40 lbs.

The same way for one of my favorite foods. Ice cream has went from 1/2 gallon to 1 3/4 qts. Used to make a desert that took one container. Now I have to have 2 containers and then might not be enough. I think that there is a lot more air whipped into it than before. Up the price, up the air and reduce the size.

Post Thanks / Like

I feed my Enslish Springer Spaniel Diamond Dog Food. It has gone up but not that much. I think I pay $21.00/bag. It was $18.00 before the gas pukes lost their minds.

The Hound

Post Thanks / Like

when I was feeding 20 beagles I priced shopped a lot found a MFA brand golden kennel good price and good nutrition. dogs do well on it. now 7 beagles and still the same dog food. it maybe 18dollars for 50lb but they dont eat as much as they did of the cheaper products.so seems like it is a good deal. I also found if you read the back of the bag almost every bag and brand have the same ingreidents, and most are the same protein level. just what ever your dog does the best on is what you should buy later

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by beagle man View Post
    when I was feeding 20 beagles

How did you come up with your screen name??:rolleyes::D:D

Post Thanks / Like

Cook, I was feeding our two dogs purina dog chow and I was paying about 17 bucks for big bag, the next time I went into Atwoods to buy another bag it jumped to $24. I too did the bag checking that beagle is talking about and have found a brand that the dogs will eat and do well on that is back in that $17 range. Tried several brands before I found the one I'm feeding now. Sounds like all of us are feeling your pain.
    Goodnight Vienna...Pistols Firing!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I feed my German Shepherd Ol Roy puppy food from Wal Mart. He likes it and it's cheap.

Post Thanks / Like

There is no since in the prices at the grocery store right now on anything. Farm prices have gone in the tank. Corn has lost 40 percent of its value in 6 months and is around the 3 dollar level now. It went to $7.95 a bushel back in July. All farm commodities have dropped to below production cost prices. Fuel has dropped substantially so freight has gone way down. The American Grocers Association blamed Ethanol for all the inflation of food back during the summer. It was crude oil all along causing the inflation. Why is it that the same association that blamed Ethanol for sticking it to ya is now inflating prices when all commodities' prices are deflating at a substantial speed and rate? One word. GOUGING!!!!!!!! I said it would happen when all the farm prices would start going down. They have acted just how I thought they would. they were just blaming Ethanol and passing the buck for their greed. They got You. They are the end player. You have to eat and they know it. If there should ever be a government investigation of anybody, it is them. They are however a powerful block and it would take public outcry to the representatives to get action. Corporate greed at its finest. CF
    The Original Woodsgoat Hater
    2011 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion

Post Thanks / Like

when i read your title i was thinking, hmmm high food prices/dog owners = dog meat on the table. don't know why i thought that but i did.
    incognito....... here fishy fishy fishy

Post Thanks / Like

I feed my dog Pedigree, she gets a can of wet food in the morning and at night she has dry. A case of wet food and a 41 lb bag of dry cost me around $38, but in the last month the dry food has gone up about $3 a bag.

Fatman