Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: the UAW's worst nightmare...Ford plant in Brazil

Post Thanks / Like

Default the UAW's worst nightmare...Ford plant in Brazil

this should be mandatory watching for every congressman before they vote on bailing out the big 3 with taxpayer money..the UAW is strangling them.....however i won't put all the blame on the UAW...but they are a big problem that needs to be fixed...i also blame the big 3 for not making cars that were fuel efficient, if people wont buy your cars..nothing will help you......they will have to restructure and cut the fat to survive.

anyway...check out this video of the Ford plant in Brazil and see why the UAW does not want one of these plants built here in the US.

detnews.com | Webvideo | Ford's most advanced assembly plant operates in rural Brazil
    I support catch and eat! :D

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kajun View Post
    ...i also blame the big 3 for not making cars that were fuel efficient, if people wont buy your cars..nothing will help you......
    They built what the people wanted-big azz SUVs for the last 15 years,while gas was cheap.
    The gas prices this year started(or finished) the economic snowball-now sales are down for all types of vehicles-efficient or not.

You would think a 100 year old global company would have a little money put back for hard times.

Post Thanks / Like

Wonder what the workers make an hour?
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zappaf19 View Post
    Wonder what the workers make an hour?
    Bill

prob a heck of a alot more than the big 3 workers make when they go out of business.
    I support catch and eat! :D

rnvinc is offline Crappie.com 2016 Man of the Year * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I noticed in the video it said that management wore the same clothes as the workers and even ate in the same cafeteria.

I doubt you could find that happening anywhere in corporate America.... much less the Big 3!
    www.podunkideas.com <--Click here
    ------------—————
    https://www.crappie-gills-n-more.com/
    https://cornfieldfishinggear.com/

------------------------>> Pro Staff Sonar Advisor

Post Thanks / Like

Too much corporate greed, too much power to the Unions are the internal problems. The main cause of all this is two things in a perfect storm.

1) the fannie mae, freddie Mac fiasco that killed the banks.

2) Crude oil (whether through excessive speculation or actual demand outstripping supply) going to $147 a barrel at such a fast pace.

The crude prices sent a shockwave through the economy because of the massive inflation on everything. The bank problems were exposed by this. people were making their mortgage payments fine until gas prices doubled in 6 months. That blew the average Americans budget all to hell. The inflation was causing the federal reserve to raise interest rates. anyone who had adjustable rate mortgages all of a sudden found their mortgage payments going higher with everything else. The fed is now dropping rates but they are too late for rescue. Only recovery. Now what we are stuck with is a broke workforce. The workforce can't buy anything so now companies are going out of business because they can't make a profit. The workforce is getting slaughtered through this process and millions of jobs are now going into unemployment. Not only are the tax revenues from these tax payers being lost, but now they are a burden to the other tax payers through unemployment benefits. I don't think we can afford to lose the big 3. They are almost monopolies and this is the price We pay for having monopolies. Unless we just want to give up a huge arm of manufacturing power and economic power of the American economy. If they were to disappear, There would be no automaker headquartered in the U.S.. Who made jeeps for the army in WWII? Chrysler! that is what kept them afloat then.

Unemployment for a massive number of people will run out at some point and then what? soup lines?

I don't have an answer to the problem. The solution is way beyond my intelligence level but what I do know is that Our workforce is going to be brought down to the same level as other countries as far as pay goes. We have gotten bloated and this recession is the correction to alot of that. It is a slow and painful process but it works. we don't like it, but there is not much we can do. The economics must run its course. The best thing we can do is stay out of the way and let the correction finish itself. That is the quickest way out of this mess and begin recovery. It will get much worse before it gets better. I wish good luck to all of You and hope You weather the storm in fine fashion. CF
    The Original Woodsgoat Hater
    2011 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Five big problems with US Auto Industry is:

1. Management
    2. Management
    3. Management
    4. Management
    5. Management
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

frank lawhead is offline RIP Frank - Crystal is now posting on his behalf.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cane Pole View Post
    1. Management
    2. Management
    3. Management
    4. Management
    5. Management
    What do you think #6 is --
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Greed

Quote Originally Posted by frank lawhead View Post
    What do you think #6 is --

Post Thanks / Like

zappaf19

ABC news yesterday reported that Detroit autoworkers average cost is $73.12per hour - workers in Tenn and Kentucky building Hondas and Toyotas average cost is $44.10 per hour. Guess that is a total of salary, benefits, etc.
    I never made that much 26 years in the U.S. Navy, but I believe my job was more satisfying.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast